• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocking Experience

rockdog2112

Reaction score
So, today I was getting out of the RR while at the store when some fella came up and asked about the car. He wanted to know if it still had the Beep Beep horn. I told that it in deed, did still have it and he asked to hear it. I had my hand on the sill plate as I gave the horn a couple of good honks. It shocked the daylights out of me. When I got home, I attempted to reproduce the incident and sure as hell, it shocked me again! I've been noticing that something is slowly draining the battery(brand new) and I wonder if they are related. Any one have any ideas? Thank, Joe

quikbird

Reaction score
Time to start chasing wires. First stop is the ground on the horn and then the steering column. As you have felt there is a short in there somewhere.

clazar2121

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with mine. The horn button has constant juice to it. When you press the horn button, that completes the ground to "beep beep' the horn. Check the wiring harness

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
find a few close friends and tell'm to put their hand here for a sec.......

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I would say it's a shock, the source power for the horn relay comes right off the alt battery terminal. lol you may have some bleed over from the relay, how old is it? maybe time to replace it. the horn basicly when pushed makes contact with a roller wheel switch inside the steering column and when the switch gets pressed it completes the ground connection portion of the horn relay which pulls in the contacts on the relay sending the power to the horns. if you have a relay that is going bad and has some bleed over it would cause the + power to go to ground through the relay housing and to the entire car lol.

Back