• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOCKS?

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
What kind of shocks are you all running? I thought about ordering a set of Mopar drag shocks but figured I would ask first. :thumbsup:

dobie

Reaction score
I have a new set of KYB's up front, with an old pair of air shocks out back.

6t9runner440

Reaction score
dobie said:
I have a new set of KYB's up front, with an old pair of air shocks out back.

I bought a set of shocks from year one....why i don't know :brickwall: ....they lasted about 1000 miles and were leaking everywhere...bought a set of kyb's and am really happy with them...You get whay you pay for :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine had new Momroe Gas on it when I bought it.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
You know, I really don't remember, LOL. I replaced them a year or so ago... pretty sure they're Monroes, they were blue... I painted them semi gloss black

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah,Monroe is blue. better hope the Blue Boys don't hear of this. they'll try to convert you to their side.......

bigcountry

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
You know, I really don't remember, LOL. I replaced them a year or so ago... pretty sure they're Monroes, they were blue... I painted them semi gloss black

Good thing you painted them, otherwise they probably wouldn't have worked. :pot: :beep:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
bigcountry said:
Plymouthfan said:

Good thing you painted them, otherwise they probably wouldn't have worked. :pot: :beep:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yeah,Monroe is blue. better hope the Blue Boys don't hear of this. they'll try to convert you to their side.......

Don't listen to him, Chris. He's just slowy working his way up to trying to convert you over to the "Mao Tse-Tung Green" (aka "Coronet Station Wagon Green") side of the force. They'll promise you everything under the sun, including your own thatched hut to park your freshly (green) painted RR under...and then one day you wake up to find that you're spending your life haulin' communal rice in the trunk of your RR...

There's a reason it's called "True Blue Metallic"... Hot dogs, baseball, apple pie, and B5 Blue.. ("America the Beautiful" playing softly in the background...) :lol:

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
FWIW, the shocks I took off my car were orange Midas Muffler shocks.

An old friend of mine was managing a Midas Muffler shop and did the exhaust about 1980. He was spending more time then he figured on it and about half way through the job he said "you need shocks". Without thinking, I said "I can do that myself" and he said "no... you need new shocks.. understand?" So, the Roadrunner got new shocks that day.

I bought new Monroe gas shocks. Looks like a nice shade of B7 to me.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Don't listen to him, Chris. He's just slowy working his way up to trying to convert you over to the "Mao Tse-Tung Green" (aka "Coronet Station Wagon Green") side of the force. They'll promise you everything under the sun, including your own thatched hut to park your freshly (green) painted RR under...and then one day you wake up to find that you're spending your life haulin' communal rice in the trunk of your RR...

There's a reason it's called "True Blue Metallic"... Hot dogs, baseball, apple pie, and B5 Blue.. ("America the Beautiful" playing softly in the background...) :lol:

better pull my pant legs up some more........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

better pull my pant legs up some more........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
...or maybe get some hip boots! lamo!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'm picky, so I save up and put on Edelbrock on everything I own when they need a set.

They are insane at 85 bucks now. They were bad enough at 70.

Really worth it IMO. They are a little to short for a stick car in the rear though. I putthem on a 68 Charger 4 gear and got wheelhop that I didn't have before, but man that thing rode 10,000 times better.

I put KYBs on a 70 Challenger one time. I said NEVER again. Handling was crisp but I felt bumps in roads that I never had before with Monroes. To make thigns worse, I had changed them out just for the hell of it to see if it would handle better.

Back