• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side glass adjustment - 69 Hardtop

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have any pictures, info, that will explain how to adjust the side glass on my roadrunner.
I'm not very good at fine tuning stuff like this in the first place, so some sort of instructions would be very much appreciated.
My issue is the when the door is open, and I roll up the window, then close the door, there is about a 1/2" to 3/4" gap at the rear glass!
With the door closed, I can FORCE the window to roll up, but the I cannot open the door.
I have loosened every bolt that I can find and tried to push the window trying to correct the problem, but nothing has seemed to work.
I am certainly doing something wrong, or missing a key adjustment, just don't know what it is.
Help!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Truperformance said:
Hi all,
Does anyone have any pictures, info, that will explain how to adjust the side glass on my roadrunner.
I'm not very good at fine tuning stuff like this in the first place, so some sort of instructions would be very much appreciated.
My issue is the when the door is open, and I roll up the window, then close the door, there is about a 1/2" to 3/4" gap at the rear glass!
With the door closed, I can FORCE the window to roll up, but the I cannot open the door.
I have loosened every bolt that I can find and tried to push the window trying to correct the problem, but nothing has seemed to work.
I am certainly doing something wrong, or missing a key adjustment, just don't know what it is.
Help!
Is this a hardtop with a roll up rear window?

Reaction score
Yes, the rear windows roll-up. They seem to have decent adjustment, relative to.the top seals.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Truperformance said:
Yes, the rear windows roll-up. They seem to have decent adjustment, relative to.the top seals.
What is the history of the car, did all the glass come out at one time or just the doors. I'm asking because the rear has some adjustment forward also.

Reaction score
They are new doors (aftermarket). The car had all the sheet metal and paint done when we bought it. Then it was kinda slapped together from there. Every bolt on the car seemed to be loose. So, the driver and passenger glass was in the car, but needs to be finished.
The rear side glass probably never was messed with, and that's why it is better (adjustment wise).

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was going to talk you through it but it would be easier for you to read how to with pictures. Go to the Board Index, Reference Material and then Repair and Maintenance then service manual page 776. Keep us informed on how it goes :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just a thought...are the doors adjusted properly?

mcmopar

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing myself. When I got my car back the driver's side door glass gap (where the door and rear windows meet) was bad. I had a body shop adjust it when it went in for some work back in '03. It still isn't "right" but it's better than it was.

Reaction score
I was having trouble downloading the links, but finally got them. They did show some adjustment points that I did not see on the car. So, I will be trying it over the weekend. I'll let everyone know if I got it, or need to start playing with door adjustment? However, I will not jump into adjusting the doors quickly, since they open and close really nice now. But, I won't rule anything out until they are a lot closer than today. Right now, there is close to an inch gap at the rear, and nothing at the front. We're not taking it out of the garage like it is!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. :beep:

Back