• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side mirror

Rocket

Reaction score
The person who owned my RR before me must have installed a larger based side mirror on both sides. I now have an extra hole. Is there an easier way to fix this besides body work? IE a side mirror with a longer base etc?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
can you show us what you have? Mine had Ford mirrors on it that the factory ones didn't cover the extra holes.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks like a Chrysler style at least. One main stud hole and one screw hole. The factory mirror would be the same.maybe show what type you're wanting to put on.

Rocket

Reaction score
I want to put the one in the picture but the guy before me must have put on one with a longer base because when I mount this one there is an extra hole visible.

moparmonk

Reaction score
The one posted is a manual mirror. The remote mirror also I believe had one stud and one screw but I also thought it had a bigger hole between them that was for the control cables to go to the inside. Any chance it had a remote mirror? Is there a big hole inside the door for the remote control?

Rocket

Reaction score
I don't think so but I will check. I pulled off some aftermarket black sport mirrors...a cheap looking version of the 71 up mirrors.

Do the remote mirrors have a wider base? I think my diner Satellite has a remote I will check and see when I get back home.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looking at this pic of your car, it sure looks like it came with the remote mirror. You can see the hole for the remote cable. There sure be a hole on the inside under the vent window where the cable control would mount.i344.jpg

i344.jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
The base of the mirror I have is about 4" the spread of the holes is over 4 ¼". It had an aftermarket mirror for sure. I'd hate to have to trudge up to MD to get the holes filled.
The green car is the satellite with the remote which has about the same foot print.

IMG_0095.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0099.jpgIMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yep, that's what I had. Mine had Ford mirrors, and when I put the Chrysler mirrors on, there were extra holes that got fixed in the body shop.

Back