• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Site problem

Steve

Reaction score
I've just bought a new computer and everything is fine apart from when I click on a link that someone else has posted on here,nothing happens.Same when I click on the You Tube vids posted on here,again nothing.Has anyone any idea what problem could be?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
14 people, myself included, have looked at this post but no one has replied. We're all just a bunch of old dinosaur hot-rodders that are lucky to be able turn the damned things on apparently...I know I am... :lmao:

You didn't buy a Lucas Compooter, did you, Steve...??? :D Might just need a can of wiring harness smoke added to it... :lmao:

Maybe one of the under-30 crowd will read this and fix you up in about 2 seconds... :lol: :yesnod: :lol:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
I'll take a whack. I think it has to do with your cookies enabled. Its a protection system that doesn't let you look at certain things that can be potentially harmful, like pictures of Rays Miata. :lol: :jester: I forget how to change them, I have had a Mac for so long I forget.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies lads,I knew you wouldn't let me down :thumbsup: .....computers confuse the hell out of me.I've just found out if I right click a posted link, then click on copy shortcut,then paste in a new window it works. Pain in the ass but at least it works.Hopefully somebody will know a far easier way :popcorn:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Its got to do with how your internet browser is set up. There are different security settings and you'll have to go into your options page and set it accordingly. I know "medium high" works with IE and is what I use. Your mileage may vary.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i have a problem on my other computor and since i bought a new lap top it doesnt throw me off and would have to re-log-on....johns correct on your browser or which windows you have....security ...etc....

zupanj

Reaction score
I have a fairly new computer using Windows 7. In some cases you have to press "Control" Ctrl and left click you get a link to work.

Back