• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack

moparchris

Reaction score
As some of you know I have a six pack Super Bee and some of you know that this car sat since 1979. It came with some unique problems that stem from a car sitting. For example, the gas tank, carbs, and fuel lines had something similar to adobe in them. Originally I got the car running without replacing or rebuilding much. Last fall it refused to run anymore and I was forced to take some time out to rebuild it properly. So it got a new tank, new fuel line (I upgraded to 3/8 hard line), new fuel pump, new filter, and a very thorough rebuild of the carbs. Not much to post in the way of pics, which I forgot to take pics of the lump of coal stage, but I did find a cool article on how to adjust them which worked like a charm. I have rebuilt countless Holley carbs and I would have to admit that I have kind of a problem with hoarding them. I think I have like a total of 20 carbs, some on running cars and most rebuilt sitting on a shelf. :lol:

DSC05453.jpg

DSC05455.jpg

DSC05454.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score
I have the Holley kit numbers around here somewhere if anyone needs them. This is the article detailing adjustment of the carbs. Its old but worked like a charm. The Bee runs better than I ever imagined from cold start to more power. :banana:

carbs3.jpg

carbs2.jpg

carbs1.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Nice job Chris. It always helps having a good set of instructions to set things like that up correctly.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I thought it ran pretty well when we went for donuts, they must have gummed up after that.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good info. I liked the blow-by-blow on whether or not and how to block the heat crossover. :thumbsup:

droptop

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but I haven't had much experience with LOH cars. Why would it have the small gas line on it?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
This may be a stupid question, but I haven't had much experience with LOH cars. Why would it have the small gas line on it?
Good question :nachos:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I thought it ran pretty well when we went for donuts, they must have gummed up after that.

It actually runs much better than when you guys got your ride! Since then I sorted out the charging system, new clutch, and fixed the distributor which was stuck at 20 degrees of timing BTDC. So to say it runs better is an understatement, I can now power shift it and it will lay rubarb till the cows come home. Also the six pack bog is gone, it used to actually backfire when they opened indicating a real lean condition. I jetted up the primary to 72s which is what I run in my 750 four barrels and I changed out the 28 squirter to a 37.

Ray, I actually set them up by setting the low idle ( and disconnected the secondary throttle linkage) on the primary carb then set my idle mixture screws to maximum idle RPM. Then I set the idle mixture screws on the front carb to max idle RPM, then I remove the front and rear carbs and switch them making the carb I just adjusted in the rear so I can adjust the other carb. I repeated the adjustment on the carb that is now in the front. That pretty much sums it up. Really no different than a big Holley four barrel with 4 corner idle settings.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
droptop said:
Good question :nachos:

That is a good question, I wasn't aware of these cars having a 5/16 line until I owned one. What I learned is that the A12 cars were built as 383 cars (early ones even had an H in the fifth of the VIN) and were pulled aside to have the 440 put in. So it was built with a 5/16 line and I think that these cars had some problems with it and Chrysler responded by putting a 3/8 line for the production six pack cars.

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hey i can use your help can u hop on your camel and ride right over please

No problem, my camel needs a carb rebuild too. So your going to have to pay for a flight for me to come over and air out that Birdable. I hope your motor can handle my lead foot!

Back