• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sixtyorso Intro

sixtyorso

Reaction score
Recently retired guy that just got his 68 Road Runner going again.
Sat for 35 years. Looking forward to finishing the interior and going on trips with it next year. Was a mechanic for Caterpillar most my life and just never found the time or the money to start on my car. Moved away from the big city into a tiny little town on the western plains of Minnesota. Got the car when I was in the service down in South Carolina back in 76. Just a couple days before my hitch was up the engine let go. Brought it back up to MN with every intent to get it running again but life happened.
Hopefully I can glean some information from other members and maybe be able to offer some also.

bernardotom

Reaction score
Welcome. I just joined this site. I also have a 68 RR- formerly a 383/slushbox-converted to a 440/4spd. Not mechanically inclined but learning some things. Have had car for about 4 yrs. My favorite so far-have had a 68 fstbk stang and a 66 stang convertible. I wish you luck w/ your car !

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hi. I have a friend with a 68 that I work on from time to time. It is kinda fun to wrench on the ground breaking year car

Back