• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Skey01 Intro

Skey01

Reaction score
As a 10 year old boy I saw a shiny red car in my Aunt and Uncles driveway in Dearborn Heights Michigan I drooled over it even at 10 years old. It was my older cousins brand new 1969 Road Runner! Thru the years I stayed in touch with him and always asked about the Road Runner he always said its still with me and like new. I have owned many muscle cars thru the years including a 1970 Superbee 440 six pack car I bought in 1976 I wish I still had it but the Red Road Runner of my cousin's was always my favorite. Sadly I received a phone call last week and my cousin had passed, his wish I was to get his original condition 29000 mile original survivor Road Runner! Yes the same car I drooled over 47 years ago! I was able to purchase it at what I think was a fair price and besides memories don't have a price tag! I am very excited about the car and the new memories to come! Thank you Big Cousin for thinking of me!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
sorry for your loss, and for sure you'll be with him every time you'll get in that runner!

Ranger

Reaction score
Condolences first, but WOW! a '69 with 29000 miles. I didn't think such an animal really existed.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
Wow. I'm sure he would be happy to hear you ended up with his car!

Skey01

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I look forward to getting to know the car and this forum in the weeks, months, and years ahead!

Back