• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slow going. Mods

mannye

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to find time to pull the steering wheel (got a free temp from my mechanic...) and send it to the resto shop.

Between the upcoming termite tenting and the preparations for that plus my new smoker, the beer brewing and the need to finish all the computer crap I have half done (I'm a nerd Martha Stewart) I haven't been able to get to the Road Runner. And the rainy season is almost over!

I drive it as often as possible during the summer, but that's not nearly as much as I would like due to the tropical squalls that are constantly rolling through south Florida this time of year.

I was thinking that maybe doing the Ehrenberg (did I spell that right?) front disc conversion might be a good idea. HAs anyone done it? Is it fully reversible if I want to go back to 100% correct?

Jim S.

Reaction score
I have tried to stay 100% correct on mine but, lately I am getting afraid to drive on the freeways because everyone can stop faster than me and the traffic has seemed to quadruple over the last couple years here in metro Minnesota. Maybe everybody is out driving around looking for work or, "hope and change". :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mannye said:
I'm still waiting to find time to pull the steering wheel (got a free temp from my mechanic...) and send it to the resto shop.

Between the upcoming termite tenting and the preparations for that plus my new smoker, the beer brewing and the need to finish all the computer crap I have half done (I'm a nerd Martha Stewart) I haven't been able to get to the Road Runner. And the rainy season is almost over!

I drive it as often as possible during the summer, but that's not nearly as much as I would like due to the tropical squalls that are constantly rolling through south Florida this time of year.

I was thinking that maybe doing the Ehrenberg (did I spell that right?) front disc conversion might be a good idea. HAs anyone done it? Is it fully reversible if I want to go back to 100% correct?
You will get there Manny. But when I saw the title of the post I thought it was about the Mods on the board here :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
But when I saw the title of the post I thought it was about the Mods on the board here :lmao:

I knew THAT was coming... :toetap:

:lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
patience grasshopper, bit by bit, it will come together.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
mannye said:

yes i have done the disc brake conversion.....all new parts...SSBC...man the price went up since i bought them..http://www.ssbrakes.com/
as far as rick ehrenberg....we are friends...i see him at our local shows and he lives in highland ny....about 6 miles from my house.....my buddy brian helps him with his sweet 69 charger which has been featured in mopar action.....rick does know his stuff about mopars and has done some nice work on his cars

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
mannye said:

yes i have done the disc brake conversion.....all new parts...SSBC...man the price went up since i bought them..http://www.ssbrakes.com/
as far as rick ehrenberg....we are friends...i see him at our local shows and he lives in highland ny....about 6 miles from my house.....my buddy brian helps him with his sweet 69 charger which has been featured in mopar action.....rick does know his stuff about mopars and has done some nice work on his cars

I thought, among other things, he had a 69 Runner? I have done the Mopar Action conversion a few times with excellent results.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i havent been to his shop yet....but i hear he has some collection.....someday i will have to get over there.....hes had the green brick to the cruises.....a 69 valiant/roadracer....not impressed and the 62 plymouth savoy is one sweet plain jane. car....hes got a crate 380 plug and play motor that really sounds great....pushbotton drive...cool....he had that over in kinston cruise last friday

mannye

Reaction score
Erehnberg is a very nice guy. I don't know how he finds the time to personally respond to emails the way he does! I sent him a question about installing a/c a while back and he not only answered the question, he put a pic of my car in Mopar Action and told me he wanted to do a feature! Weeeee!

He makes annual trips to Key West and I told him I would be happy to show him around miami beach if he ever stopped over on his way down, but alas that has not happened yet. If someone knows him, tell him I have beer... very very cold beer!

Back