• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

smashed to death! RIP

modernistsouth

Reaction score
I wonder if that is an old insurance claim. Growing up, we used to off road to the top of a mountain near us, to a massive granite rock face that was several hundred feet tall. At the bottom of the rock was nearly 20 vehicles that were pushed off the cliff.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A popular way of suicide back in the sixties and seventies was the "high speed into the bridge abutment" single vehicle crash.

I remember the guy down the street cancelling Christmas in his Superbee back in 1969. It happened a lot more than you think.

The other option was the "pass out while drunk high speed into the bridge abutment" single vehicle crash.

Everybody forgets just how easy this cars wadded up compared to the new cars. People died a lot more in crashes that you would walk away from now.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
nobody wore seat belts either

My family did! The '65 Coronet Wagon my parents had came with seat belts and they insisted that they be worn every time the car left the house. :yesnod: And what ever the Road Runner hit, it hit it square. Did you notice how flat that grill and front end are? :eek:

Back