• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sniper installed

cj69RR

Reaction score
Got some more time tis last week and got some good time in and installed the Holley sniper, with in tank pump. Didn’t wire it for timing control yet. But what a difference. Starting is awesome, so far it’s very good update. Didn’t get to drive it much because of the weather but performance is way better.

23E3F5E8-E773-4F16-BECC-55E3EAE1A73E.jpeg

68BB215C-CD1B-43DF-A54B-FF26649F29DB.jpeg

F3B8A4F3-5EA7-4C97-99C9-8F0F7E7FD33B.jpeg

cj69RR

Reaction score
Wanted to do this for a while and got a good deal on this one. I’d recommend it to anyone who drives their car.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Update on the sniper, set the base timing on it with a good buddy and a good timing light. 15 at idle and 38 at 3k. put about 30 miles on it and no issues at all.

tracy

Reaction score
I have one on the shelf waiting to install. What did you do for return line , how you hook it to tank

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

droptop

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the surge tank style fuel delivery for EFI? From what I understand, it is a small unit located under hood that is fed by OE fuel pump, either electric or mechanical, and it raises the psi for the EFI.

V.R.D

Reaction score
it is called a sump pump . they have a few problems with heat and overflow. use an in tank pump with a return that is the best for life of pump / performance / quit ness

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I know a guy with a Fitech with sump and it didn't work out well. He went to a pusher with return on his jeep.

droptop

Reaction score
I know a guy with a Fitech with sump and it didn't work out well. He went to a pusher with return on his jeep.
I would be curious as to the nature of the problems. Looking into efi for the ModTop. I thought it would be the easiest and completely reversible. Put the carb back on and reroute the fuel line from the original pump. Making it an easy bolt on conversion.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I would be curious as to the nature of the problems. Looking into efi for the ModTop. I thought it would be the easiest and completely reversible. Put the carb back on and reroute the fuel line from the original pump. Making it an easy bolt on conversion.
He had an early Fitech when they were having all kinds of problems, not sure what they are like now but he had ECU problems and loss of fuel pressure issues.

V.R.D

Reaction score
Yeah, zero interest in that. Wanting to use original air cleaner to maintain the factory look.
they have the 4150 style so you can use the factory air cleaner if you looked at there systems

Back