• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

snook - my 1969 Y2 RR

snook

Reaction score
Took the RR up to a local cruise in tonight and snapped a few pix, see attached.

DSC_4562.jpg

DSC_4563.jpg

DSC_4568.jpg

DSC_4569.jpg

DSC_4570.jpg

DSC_4571.jpg

DSC_4572.jpg

DSC_4573.jpg

DSC_4574.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm sure if a buyer asked the dealer to add them, they would have back then. but plain and simple road runners never came factory with them.

snook

Reaction score
I'm not sure but page 147 of the Herd restoration guide says it was optional for RR's 69-69 as M26 code. M26 is not on the tag or window sticker but being a lynch road car, who knows. The RR is not numbers matching and I like the looks of the trim, so it stays.

Chuck

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
your car, if it makes you happy, why not? It does look good. IIRC, the Herd book is the one with a bunch of flaws.

snook

Reaction score
Yeah that book was thrown together and I don't really use it for anything other than a part number reference. There's no perfect works out there for mopars, not even GG's stuff. I sold my 67 R/T because it was numbers matching and too nice to beat on - it's just not fun for me when there is nothing left to do on a car that I restored. They don't last long with me when I get to that point. I purposely bought this RR because I won't be limited by the responsibility that comes with a NM car. I can beat on it, modify it and play with it without killing any investment potential. My main concern was good sheet metal and this one has that.

Chuck

mcmopar

Reaction score
Correct. From the factory - no, but you could have the dealer install them for you if you wanted them.

Back