• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what is on you Christmas list

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Maybe it was wrong of me to assume, but I didnt think it was as custom an item as the 5-speed. Sure took payment quick though!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure took payment quick though!
Yeah, I've always had some misgivings about that situation. I can see taking a small deposit to ensure that you are serious about placing an order and establishing your place in line, but requiring the full amount up front and then making your customers wait for years just reeks of a poorly run business with cash flow issues... JMHO.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yeah, I've always had some misgivings about that situation. I can see taking a small deposit to ensure that you are serious about placing an order and establishing your place in line, but requiring the full amount up front and then making your customers wait for years just reeks of a poorly run business with cash flow issues... JMHO.
That's odd, there is no deposit to get in line for the 5 speed. My daughter is in that line but I understand they have another outlet for them.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd, there is no deposit to get in line for the 5 speed. My daughter is in that line but I understand they have another outlet for them.
To be clear - I have no personal experience - but he wasn't the first person that I've heard say that they took their money first and then had to play the waiting game...
I do however know that you've been waiting a LONG time for that 5-spd...good to know that there is no money tied up... I now wonder however if prepayment moves you up in the line...?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The pain of getting part's for these car's is really bad. Just to find my A833 many day's and night's of searching for one was to say the least was enduring. But by luck have it I found one. The best part it was totally rebuilt already. But it was not a hemi transmission. But these part's are getting harder to find. Like trying to find the 489 differential. Thanks to TOMRR I now have one!!!:thumbsup2:

quikbird

Reaction score
Was on 5 speed waiting list for about 3years. They were having some problems with some of the parts. No payment asked for until time to ship. Cost at that point was just over 5 k. Plan to get it installed this winter. Coyote has an extra Hemi a833 sitting in the garage that he would entertain an offer for.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Was on 5 speed waiting list for about 3years. They were having some problems with some of the parts. No payment asked for until time to ship. Cost at that point was just over 5 k. Plan to get it installed this winter. Coyote has an extra Hemi a833 sitting in the garage that he would entertain an offer for.
If I can get my $$$ back from Passon, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Is it in decent nick?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So in the end it look's like the gear vendor is cheaper than getting the 5 speed transmission. The Tremec transmission shifter dose not line up with the shift hump and saw that the tunnel had to be bent to except it. So the gear vendor at around 3000. Dose not seem to be a bad choice. What ever the owner of the car is happy with is OK. We will see after time which is the best investment in the long run. Only time will tell. So have fun with these bird's and enjoy them.

quikbird

Reaction score
Rknrlr, tranny came out of a 66 satellite and worked just fine. Currently is located in Columbus Ohio. He would probably want around 2 k for it. Have no idea what it would cost to ship to you

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Check the bearing retainer size to what bell housing you have! May not fit 66-67 were different. Find out the part # on the retainer and go to Brewers performance under parts and look up the size of the retainer then under bell housings check the size of that part. Some retainers can be swapped or adapted depending on the main case.

quikbird

Reaction score
I can check the original bell housing sometime in the next couple days. Still sitting on top of the old engine in the shop. Was attached to a QuickTime bell housing as well at one time.

OmegaMan

Reaction score
So on to what do you guy's want for Christmas!!!! I ordered a new Radio areal. Door lock end cap's. Also the dome light. My wife said here is her credit card order what you want. With in a limit of course. :lol:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Check the bearing retainer size to what bell housing you have! May not fit 66-67 were different. Find out the part # on the retainer and go to Brewers performance under parts and look up the size of the retainer then under bell housings check the size of that part. Some retainers can be swapped or adapted depending on the main case.
Had a look on Brewers, 11" Hemi bell housing - Product ID: BH259 (68-69 B-body) casting #2892259 has a 4.805" bearing retainer diameter, and 11" 440 bell housing - Product ID: BH262 (68 B-body) cast #2892262 is also a 4.805" bearing retainer diameter. The HEMI bell housing is 3 times the price though - ouch!
66-67 B body Hemi 11" bellhousing has a 4.354" bearing retainer diameter. If the box was original to the satellite, might be a fitment issue.

Last edited:
Back