• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something to help decode your VIN and FENDER TAG tag - 1968 ONLY

Reaction score
Here's something I put together to assist in decoding 1968 ONLY - VIN info and FENDER TAG information.
Is it 100% correct? Nothing is 100% especially when it comes to Mopars. I've done my best to make it as accurate as I can.

The PDF file is 4 pages.

Frank

Attachments

• Fender Tag and Vin Decode.pdf
    165.6 KB · Views: 55

nevada dan

Reaction score
I was just checking out your decode and my tag has the H under the s on row 3 and it says accent stripes , what do these look like , my car had been painted several times and they are long gone , might want to put them back on

Reaction score
As I understand it (and I'm no expert) but I THINK the "H" under the s may be RED Horizontal stripe, which MAY be the fine pin stripe that goes along the length of the car.
Does that make any sense to you. What color was your car originally.
In this case, for me, it's a WAG

nevada dan

Reaction score
the T1 green that it is now, had a white top and green interior but I changed that to black, I thought red pin stripe also but cant quite picture that with the green, they are a vinyl decal aren't they, I just might have to get them and try it on

Reaction score
Well, back in '68 some people made many bad color choices (and didn't know it).
But you never know, the red on green may work (think Christmas).

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
In 69 the pin stripe came in white and black also if memory serves. The dual reflective tape was a different code, to short of time to look it up right now.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Here's something I put together to assist in decoding 1968 ONLY - VIN info and FENDER TAG information.
Is it 100% correct? Nothing is 100% especially when it comes to Mopars. I've done my best to make it as accurate as I can.

The PDF file is 4 pages.

Frank
Good Work, real easy to read.

MsBeep

Reaction score

The PDF file is 4 pages.

Frank
I had lost some good links when I changed devices in 2021. Much appreciate the pdf. file

Back