• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sound Deadening Heat Barrier

Goon

Reaction score
Has any one put that Sound Deadening Heat Barrier mats/ Boom Mat in a car. What is a good brand. And how many square feet did you need?
Thank You

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I used Rattle Trap on my 300 Vert.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190688124199?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Start out with a 50 square foot kit. That will do the floor. If you want to do the doors, you'll probably want to buy another kit, but the biggest bang for the buck is to do the floors.

Buy a J-Roller at Home Depot (etc.) for doing laminate. It's a lot easier to use than the roller they give you.

There's two other alternatives. Some guys swear by this stuff available at Home Depot or Lowes. I think the Fat Mat is thicker and price isn't that much cheaper. Both are a ton cheaper than Dynamat.

3410022c.jpg

I used a lightweight stuff in the under the headliner in my '53 Chrysler. I was putting it in the car on a hot, sunny day and I could actually feel the temperature change as I put it in. It's not as good for sound deadening, but it's really nice for the roof as its much lighter.

http://www.lobucrod.com/

Goon

Reaction score
I feel better now, because that was the exact stuff I was looking at, except was going with 100ft. Might do trunk, headliner and doors

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Goon let me know how this stuff work's out been looking at different kind's so when I get into doing my car. Always like to here about different product's. By the way do you have a console in you bird or not looking to put one in mine. Well lot's of luck with the project. I am bleeding money on body medal right now. fixing to tear into this old bird and give her a face lift. See YA.

Goon

Reaction score
No console. On the column. Might do floor shifter as well as race buckets and roll bar. Shooting for low 11's.

Back