• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spares?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Were spare tire rims black or body color?
Now that really depends on what you had on the ground, I know the paint to match steelies were all colored, at least the 15" on my car were. If you had full caps or magnums I believe you got black! Feel free to slap me around on the latter if I'm wrong.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Plymouthfan said:
Now that really depends on what you had on the ground, I know the paint to match steelies were all colored, at least the 15" on my car were. If you had full caps or magnums I believe you got black! Feel free to slap me around on the latter if I'm wrong.

...one more mention of a group hug and we're gonna slap you whether you got this one wrong or not... :lol:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
The 14" steelies on my dad's road runner were body color and so was the spare.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Plymouthfan said:
Man, those look sweet........... :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Mine has a Keystone spare.
:leave:

droptop

Reaction score
I had an F3 green Runner back in the day. It had road wheels and a black 14" spare steelie. My F5 green GTX had the 14" steelies and the deluxe (full) hub caps. All 5 wheels were body color. I think it had a lot to do with where the car was built. Both of the cars mentioned above were built in St. Louis.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
Plymouthfan said:
Man, those look sweet........... :thumbsup:

Yeah they do...but it's kind of a shame that Bob didn't spend the extra $20 to get a correct trunk mat for it since the rest of the car is so nice... :lmao:

:banana: :jester: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now that really depends on what you had on the ground, I know the paint to match steelies were all colored, at least the 15" on my car were. If you had full caps or magnums I believe you got black! Feel free to slap me around on the latter if I'm wrong.[/quote]
Man, those look sweet........... :thumbsup:[/quote]

Yeah they do...but it's kind of a shame that Bob didn't spend the extra $20 to get a correct trunk mat for it since the rest of the car is so nice... :lmao:

:banana: :jester: :banana:[/quote]
The trunk is quilted for softness, that way you will be more comfortable when I haul you body to the swamp. Smart a$$ :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Big John":gklwan57]Mine has a Keystone spare.
:leave:
Well at least you won't look funny if you ever have to change a tire :cheers:
How do you know he won't look funny........ :lmao: :D[/quote:gklwan57]
Here is the alternative to a keystone. Now wouldnt he look funny telling her to get under the car and crawl :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
The trunk is quilted for softness, that way you will be more comfortable when I haul you body to the swamp. Smart a$$ :jester:

Where I come from that is known as an idle threat; you live in the desert and there isn't a swamp within a 1,000 miles of that quilted trunk... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Where I come from that is known as an idle threat; you live in the desert and there isn't a swamp within a 1,000 miles of that quilted trunk... :lol:

Don't let him talk to you like that Bob..........I think he's all talk........ :lmao: :devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
How do you know he won't look funny........ :lmao: :D
Here is the alternative to a keystone. Now wouldnt he look funny telling her to get under the car and crawl :lol:

I believe that this is the actual "quilted for softness" photo that goes with this thread... :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="ACME A12":tg6xhyi5]
69hemibeep said:

Don't let him talk to you like that Bob..........I think he's all talk........ :lmao: :devil:[/quote:tg6xhyi5]

As usual... :pot: :pot: :pot:

:lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I'm coming to give you a ride, I'm sure you have a swamp nearby :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

:banana: :jester: :banana:[/quote]
Ray , that mat looks like the kind that keeps the trunk junk form sliding from side to side and slamming into the insides of the quarter panels when you're slammin' the gears while making a hard turn! :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Ray , that mat looks like the kind that keeps the trunk junk form sliding from side to side and slamming into the insides of the quarter panels when you're slammin' the gears while making a hard turn! :jester:

Good. There's great comfort in knowing that I won't bump my head and damage his freshly painted quarters when I "go for a ride"... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Good. There's great comfort in knowing that I won't bump my head and damage his freshly painted quarters when I "go for a ride"... :lol:

I'll ride shotgun....may take both of us to get him out and throw him in........you know "dead weight" :lmao:

Back