• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of horns...

A31PKG

Reaction score
Does anybody know of anyone that can restore the sound of one of these? I have 3, and none of them sound like our fast little Warner Bros friend...they sort of sound like an old VW...the one on my 'vert was a dead-on match...Are the replacement ones I've seen advertised any good? I hate to buy another with 3 on the shelf...I've tried tinkering with the adjuster......Ideas?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Does anybody know of anyone that can restore the sound of one of these? I have 3, and none of them sound like our fast little Warner Bros friend...they sort of sound like an old VW...the one on my 'vert was a dead-on match...Are the replacement ones I've seen advertised any good? I hate to buy another with 3 on the shelf...I've tried tinkering with the adjuster......Ideas?
The repops are fine for $80. The only adjustment I know of is a little knob on the horn for tuning.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Have you tried to adjust it with the small 12 pt adjuster nut on it? I played with mine and got it sounding a bit louder and more distinct.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried tinkering with the adjuster...all it does is change volume & tone...does nothing to make it go "meep meep"...I was hoping that there may be an outfit somewhere that restored these things...guess I'll try a re-pop....Is Spartan still the vendor?

mannye

Reaction score
2 different verts over the years and 4 horns, none of them ever sounded like the cartoon roadrunner... I always thought that it was meant to sound like that to folks on the street as you beeped when you passed them at speed... doppler effect would nake it sound like the real thing.. anyone up for some testing?

Back