• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speedometer cable

bschomske

Reaction score
hey, I replaced my cable on my car.. my problem is with the gauge,The speedometer will only goes as high as 35 mph..No matter how fast you go.it goes from 0 to 35 fine and back to zero..Any suggestions would help.But officer i know i wasn't speeding the car only does 35....Bruce

001.jpg

bschomske

Reaction score
Yea that's a good question...But here lies the problem,when i had the car restored i had a different gauge package installed.I did keep the original guage package.I bought the gauge package off of e-bay.....

bschomske

Reaction score
This is not an aftermarket package..Stock out of another b-body..Also dash light stays on...but thats another problem...

Beekeeper

Reaction score
Make sure that the cable end (not the cable housing) is fully seated in the speedo and trans. also pull the cable out of the housing and clean and lube with some dry graphite.

Last edited:
Back