• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spot welder from HF.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The spot welder is faster than plug weld's and a lot less clean up. Not as much heat is applied to the area you are welding. Could not use it in a lot of places but it was grate for putting the roof on. Could not see me welding plug weld's on the rain gutter or the front wind shield area it was really tight in the front. The spot welder did grate their also. All and all it was worth the money to buy the spot welder or pinch welder how ever you want to say it. It is not quite as big as weld from factory only 3/16 inch but closed up the distance between the weld's. So if you are restoring a car it is a grate tool and very fast apposed to the plug weld. Russ.

Coyote

Reaction score
Kool, I’ve always plug welded for no more than I’ve had to do. New welders are always great. Glad you had such good luck with it!:thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So far it all look's good. Thanks for the comment Coyote. Just wanted to let the other guy's know. Is a grate tool but still have to plug weld a lot of the car. It dose work but suggest that you take some test metal and practice the thicker the layers of metal the longer I had to hold it. The count to three on two pieces of 16 gauge metal was good enough but had to count to four on the thicker metal. After you play with it a while you will get the hang of it. Good luck to all the guy's rebuilding these old bird's and hope this info is help full. Russ.

Back