• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spot welder

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Has any one used the spot welder that I see for sale. It says that it should be clean metal to work. I paint all the metal trying to keep the rust down. Clean the plug hole with a drill bit to clean that are this leaves a clean metal that I am welding to but has paint on the part that not welding. If I clean all the metal then it is rite back to where the car was when it was put together raw steel every where for moisture to sit in and eat up the metal. Back to the spot welder just tired of the plug welding trying to speed up the process is the 110 volt or the 220 volt the best. Trying to buy a used one on E bay. Russ. :rolleyes:

quikbird

Reaction score
Like all of these tools, the 110 gets the small jobs done but the 220 if you get serious about it.
Weld thru primer is what I use in a lot of these areas instead of paint

BEEPBEEPBUCK

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying one of these type of spotwelders.Have any of you used this type? I watched a guy use one on YouTube and it seemed easy to use and did a good job.IMG_5283.JPG

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thinking that is what my runner might turn in to or a flower planter. :lol: Now on the serious side missed a cheap 220 volt on Ebay someone bought it before I could snatch it up darn. Found some others pretty cheap Chigo Tool not bad price. Think I will get one to speed up the process. The one that welds up to 3/16 is what I am looking at. Thanks guy's Keep the info coming will read every post here.

Back