• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter and Neutral Safety(See page 3)

mcmopar

Reaction score
Re: Starting Problem!

CWR said:
My original problem has'nt happened in the last 25 or so starts. Maybe it just had to be used!

out for a cruise this morning , every thing fine, Starts well ( old big starter) Temp good and oil P good. Even my wife likes it. Play '69 tunes on the CD...............it doesn't get any better than this!! :cheers:

Nothing like vintage tunes when you are out cruising! Brings back lots of good memories...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: Starting Problem!

Have a great time with it, thats what its all about :thumbsup:

CWR

Reaction score
Electrical (neutral Safety Switch)

I installed( my mechanic) a new neutral safety switch today..............car not running back up lights work ok. But with the switch hooked up the starter motor keeps engaged even with key turned off Put the gear shift through the gears and everything stops even if the motor is not running. EVERYTHING works fine if neutral safety switch is unhooked. I don't think it is a starter problem, as it has started fine with the old bad switch unhooked. Would it be the starter relay that is faulty or is there a diode somewhere to replace? I can live with the safety switch unhooked if there is not a relaatively easy fix. Any suggestions? Thanks

Back