• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

starter recommendation please

sam z

Reaction score
Ok, I rattled on and on about my electrical woes and everything
is pointing to the starter.

That being said, the mini starters seem to be quite popular. Any
recommendations on a good product?

Thanks in advance,
-Sam

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Im really happy with my Powermaster 9613 in my Orange RM21 (383), it has tons of torque, and turns the engine over much faster then my tired old "stock" unit. Ints not mini, but I didnt think I needed to go that route.

FYI, the cheapest source I could find was Streetsideauto.com (no complaints on the transaction), and that was about 4 months ago.

I also replaced my battery wires too as they were causing a large voltage drop due to 40 years of corrosion.

http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/StarterApp.pdf

zupanj

Reaction score
I just bought a Denso from Mancini and it fit fine. A very short starter if header clearance is an issue. I have not turned the engine yet so I don't know how it does but think it should be fine. The price was also very good.

Before the Denso I bought a starter from Rob Mc. I looked like a really nice piece but was about 8" long and wouldn't clear my headers. It was pretty expensive but looked like a good starter.

Jack

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a couple of different PowerMaster starters on some of my junk. I LOVE THEM!!! When I do the resto on the A12, this will be one of the few areas that I will deviate from stock on...they're just such an improvement...correctly colored antifreeze A12 crowd be damned..

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yea... But they don't sound like a Mopar starter....

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":1wpqsvou]Yea... But they don't sound like a Mopar starter....

That is somehow supposed to be a bad thing...??? :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:1wpqsvou]

Yea, I'm a traditionalist. Mopars have their own sounds. That's why I don't like flowmaster mufflers too.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Yea, I'm a traditionalist.

I'll be sure to remind you of that when your car emerges from its hibernation wearing shiny new Keystones and the H Wheels are bolted to the side of your garage with your garden hoses hanging on them... :lmao:

ACME

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":1f85j0kz]Yea, I'm a traditionalist.

I'll be sure to remind you of that when your car emerges from its hibernation wearing shiny new Keystones and the H Wheels are bolted to the side of your garage with your garden hoses hanging on them... :lmao:

ACME[/quote:1f85j0kz]

Keystones are traditional. :stuckup:

Back