• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Wheels....again

Collin

Reaction score
I love the look of steelies and dog dish, and i already posted the nice dogs i already have. i am going with 15x6 steel wheels. So far have seen them from coker, specialty, year one and classic chambered. does anyone know of anymore companies to check out?

im a little nervous I wanted to run bf goodrich radial t/a redlines but right now i have a free new set of F70 15 polyglass tires that my dad had left over from his car when he switched to the t/a. manual steering, manual drums and polyglass with 400+ hp is gonna be tricky!! redlines will def be a future purchase.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Be careful of the tires if they have any significant age to them. They may look good outwardly but can be coming apart from the inside and you'd never know it until it's too late. If they are over 7 years old they'll be ok for parade cruising and light running around but I wouldn't beat on them too much. :cents:

A31PKG

Reaction score
This reminds me of a buddy of mine who has an A12 with an original set of Goodyears. They were dismounted very early and put away. He had me re-mount them on the original wheels a couple years ago. The beads were a mess, very deteriorated... Overall tire condition could be described as brittle. They hold air, and look good from 10 feet away, but he only uses them when the car is on display.

Back