• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steering wheel repair

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive done it but not with a kit as an experiment, still have it somewhere. It came out pretty good but I don't think paint on a steering wheel will hold up. Who makes the kit and what is in it?

Ranger

Reaction score
Watching with great interest as mine has 3 or 4 good cracks that need repair.
Is the epoxy color matched?
I have considered using JB Weld, but color match would be a problem and I agree that paint probably won't cut it.

quikbird

Reaction score
Mopar muscle April 2014. Article on how to repair steering wheels with examples, available on line. Enjoy

Ranger

Reaction score
You wouldn't have a link to this article, would you quickbird? I've had no luck searching for it.

quikbird

Reaction score
I went to moparmuscle magazines web site and plugged steering wheel repair into the search box and it was about the 7-8th article in the list. written by Geoff stunkard. I think hotrod network runs their website now. but that info should get you there. looked like an interesting article. my steering wheel has one of those leather wraps on it and has ever since I bought the car. after seeing this article now I'm afraid to look under that cover.

Ranger

Reaction score
That's a bit more than I want to get into. I'd just like to fill the 3 or 4 gaps with an epoxy. I'll figure something out.

quikbird

Reaction score
I actually like the feel of the leather wrap, and have never looked under it. No idea if wheel has cracks or not. As I said out of sight, out of mind. Yeah I know, I'm a little strange. Don't everybody jump in and protest now. :wink-new:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I actually like the feel of the leather wrap, and have never looked under it. No idea if wheel has cracks or not. As I said out of sight, out of mind. Yeah I know, I'm a little strange. Don't everybody jump in and protest now. :wink-new:

Come on that'a why we are here LOL

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually like the feel of the leather wrap, and have never looked under it. No idea if wheel has cracks or not.
Bambi has one of those on her wheel too. Since she came out of southwest TX, I'm pretty sure that wheel is cooked under that wrap... :lol:

Yeah I know, I'm a little strange. Don't everybody jump in and protest now. :wink-new:
Bob - we should start a separate, official "Protest quikbird" thread... :basketcase:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Bambi has one of those on her wheel too. Since she came out of southwest TX, I'm pretty sure that wheel is cooked under that wrap... :lol:

Bob - we should start a separate, official "Protest quikbird" thread... :basketcase:

:jester:

It must be an Ohio thing, He and Dave both.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It's the feel of the leather.... Isn't it?

Back