• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering wheel

V269

Reaction score
Question, was the steering wheel on the runners with the bird in the center an option or did it come standard on roadrunners ? Does anyone know how many cars were so equipped or is this part of another option package such as an interior group. My car has the roadrunner wheel and it has the decor package interior.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
The deluxe wheel with the bird in the center was standard on hardtops and ragtops, and came with the decor packages which were optional on the coupes, basically it was giving you the hardtop interior and chrome exhaust tips for your coupe. I don't know how rare it is I think they made 33000 or so coupes maybe just over half?? had the decor package so I would guess 10,000-ish came with the belvedere wheel but who knows???. I think both set ups are neat but I always find it refreshing to find a non decor packaged coupe kept in it's corrrect state. slightly off the subject, In the reference section in "dealership referrence " there is the "color and trim selector" that shows the difference in seats and door panels from standard coupe to hardtop.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good answer, Rich. I started to take a stab at this and thought "nah, Rich will get this one when he gets online next time." IIRC you had posted pics of the different wheels in another thread...I looked for the thread yesterday but couldn't find it...maybe my memory is just slightly off...or maybe it was someone else in another forum...and my memory is completely failing me... :D

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Good answer, Rich. I started to take a stab at this and thought "nah, Rich will get this one when he gets online next time." IIRC you had posted pics of the different wheels in another thread...I looked for the thread yesterday but couldn't find it...maybe my memory is just slightly off...or maybe it was someone else in another forum...and my memory is completely failing me... :D

:jester:
here is mine 69 and my 70 wood style but both have the same road runner button decal And you have to love the rare to find 70 air grabber switch

Back