• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still pumped!

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
I am still psyched about the hole shot I pulled on that SRT8 Challenger at MIR! He ran 114 mph to my 105 but I beat him to the finish by .0018 second and 12.62 to my 12.80. Not bad for an old guy in his first race since 1992! The car launched unbelievably good for an untested and untuned trailer queen show car! I never ran it flat footed from a start once since I built it in 2005! I guess I can retire it as undefeated now! :cool:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go, John. :thumbsup:

I dunno...now that you have officially taken the wrapping paper off of your toy maybe you should just keep playing with it rather than putting it up on the shelf... :D :devil: :D

:jester:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Way to go, John. :thumbsup:

I dunno...now that you have officially taken the wrapping paper off of your toy maybe you should just keep playing with it rather than putting it up on the shelf... :D :devil: :D

:jester:

Well put but...no, it's not going to happen. It would make a good race car but it's going back on the shelf. At least I can say it's been down the track and looked good! I'll have to settle for that. I really have to finish the Barracuda and enjoy driving that one.

MIR10-27-20125.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no sweat John, we have several members that mistakenly double post .... :jester:
a beauty well worth seeing twice...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
Posted a duplicate photo by accident and don't know how to delete one?

Took care of it for you.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to edit an attachment like that and wanted to figure it out. I'm still learning how to do this stuff. :lmao:

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
John, Impressive run, congratulations! :worship: :worship:

What was your 60 foot time?

Thanks, Joe

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
1.865 but I don't know if that's the best it could do because it did not spin? I have a Turbo Action torque convertor but never raced the car or practiced any hole shots before this run. It was the first time I ever raced with an automatic. I think a tach would have been helpful. I guess my .053 reaction time was decent?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
I am still psyched about the hole shot I pulled on that SRT8 Challenger at MIR! He ran 114 mph to my 105 but I beat him to the finish by .0018 second and 12.62 to my 12.80. Not bad for an old guy in his first race since 1992! The car launched unbelievably good for an untested and untuned trailer queen show car! I never ran it flat footed from a start once since I built it in 2005! I guess I can retire it as undefeated now! :cool:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
1.865 but I don't know if that's the best it could do because it did not spin? I have a Turbo Action torque convertor but never raced the car or practiced any hole shots before this run. It was the first time I ever raced with an automatic. I think a tach would have been helpful. I guess my .053 reaction time was decent?

With that convertor, you should be able to run 60 foots in the 1.60 range. For every 1 tenth reduction in the 60 foot equates to a reduction of 1.5 tenths in quarter mile et. So, that would put you in the 12.40's, and using a tach for optimum engine rpm shifting, you should be able to easily run low 12's/high 11's.

In every sense of the word- Your car is truly show and go!!!!

:beep:

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
RoadRunnerJD said:

With that convertor, you should be able to run 60 foots in the 1.60 range. For every 1 tenth reduction in the 60 foot equates to a reduction of 1.5 tenths in quarter mile et. So, that would put you in the 12.40's, and using a tach for optimum engine rpm shifting, you should be able to easily run low 12's/high 11's.

In every sense of the word- Your car is truly show and go!!!!

:beep:
THat's optimistic but thanks for the confidence! I think 12.40's but it won't run 11's without headers and maybe some 4.88's. My last A12 Runner ran 11.35 @ 118 with headers and 4.88's and ran 12.60@109+ with stock exhaust and 4.10's and no other changes. I have a similar combo now except it's an automatic and the carbs need to be worked on big time. The mph is really low for what it is but I am not really worried about running it. I do plan on doing some carb tuning!

photo.JPG

Back