• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Straighten steering wheel?

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Besides letting somone touch the car. What the best way to make the wheels straight ots off to the right a touch?
Thx in advance guys.
The shaft has a notch so I couldn’t do it by removing the wheel, which i had to clean up anyway while it was off.
W
Took her out for a quick cruise with my Son some bonding time. Some eye candy for you guys “night shot”
Thats my Window sticker “copy”

IMG_5806.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking.
But I think what is annoying you is the steering wheel is just bit off center when you are going straight?
Assuming everything is "OK" that may be the result of someone not exactly centering the wheel when the toe is set.
Alignments are pretty simple really.
I use Fastrax.
At the risk of speaking blasphemy, one thing you can do is "eliminate" the index key on inside the wheel and shift it just a little on the shaft. :mob:
It's really just a reference point and makes no practical difference in operation.
Again, assuming everything is OK.
Disclaimer.
I'm only doing manual cars.
If there is something in the power steering centering I don't know about others may have input. (That's a mild pun)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The adjustment is in the tie rods and you will most likely mess up the toe in doing it yourself but it can be done.

V.R.D

Reaction score
i don't remember the upper door trim on a road runner like that thought Satellite and G T X ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hemi needs to go out for a ride. No thread on the charger, the wheels are just rollers and the bumpers are on now. It does drive.20220629_101751.jpg

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're asking.
But I think what is annoying you is the steering wheel is just bit off center when you are going straight?
Assuming everything is "OK" that may be the result of someone not exactly centering the wheel when the toe is set.
Alignments are pretty simple really.
I use Fastrax.
At the risk of speaking blasphemy, one thing you can do is "eliminate" the index key on inside the wheel and shift it just a little on the shaft. :mob:
It's really just a reference point and makes no practical difference in operation.
Again, assuming everything is OK.
Disclaimer.
I'm only doing manual cars.
If there is something in the power steering centering I don't know about others may have input. (That's a mild pun)
Correct the steering wheel is to the right a little bit. When driving straight.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
When having my front end aligned told the guy to make sure the steering wheel was right. They used to hang a weight on the steering wheel when doing the alignment. This assures the steering wheel is straight when going straight down the highway. Looks good John. Thanks for the pics of that GTX. What does the engine bay look like. Do you think you got your money's worth. Have fun and safe driving.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
i don't remember the upper door trim on a road runner like that thought Satellite and G T X ?
Yes its a GTX RS23 are you trying to be funny?
When having my front end aligned told the guy to make sure the steering wheel was right. They used to hang a weight on the steering wheel when doing the alignment. This assures the steering wheel is straight when going straight down the highway. Looks good John. Thanks for the pics of that GTX. What does the engine bay look like. Do you think you got your money's worth. Have fun and safe driving.
Thx Russ Finally got one lol
Here’s the engine bay pics looks decent but I really like to change the air cleaner to maybe an oval air grabber. I also need the air grabber piece that goes on the hood and also the flapper.
Did I get my moneys worth well the guy did not tell me everything. all the little things add up and they are expected, but there is a tiny bit of rust on one of the lower quarter panels that he did not disclose, I’m gonna just Move On and try to enjoy the car.

IMG_5830.jpeg

IMG_5829.jpeg

IMG_5696.jpeg

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So, all in all it does look pretty darn good. If a single stage paint job, you can get those areas fix. I like the car is it automatic or standard shift. Guess I was not paying attention to the shifter. A grate score for you. :thumbsup2:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
In this type of car, "rust free" can be a relative term.
But yea, he might have mentioned that.
I spy with my little eye, rust on the shackles.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
In this type of car, "rust free" can be a relative term.
But yea, he might have mentioned that.
I spy with my little eye, rust on the shackles.
Yeah looks like they might have been New "Raw" so they have surface rust?
that'a nothing it's the lower rear quarter that has the bubbles

Back