• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

strut rod bushings

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
has anyone replaced these....from reading somewhere i read i could remove torsion bar clips and pry back the lower control arm to remove and replace these bushings..i am hearing theres a collar between the bushings also which cannot be bought..my bushings are shot and i dont know about the collar.....or since i am a certified welder... cut the rod do the job and weld the rod back up......what do you think???

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I'd pull the torsion bars and the nuts off the lower control arms and slide them back.

I'm pretty sure the Moog bushing kit has everything you'll need. K7026 is the part number.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Big John said:
I'd pull the torsion bars and the nuts off the lower control arms and slide them back.

I'm pretty sure the Moog bushing kit has everything you'll need. K7026 is the part number.

i just ordered the kit through YEAR ONE....comes with 4 poly bushings and those 2 collars....$25.95.....it dont sound like a fun job but i have to do this....front bushings are falling out....maybe thats the cause of the bump steer...
thanks johnny

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I replaced mine in my GREEN 68 road runner..........It wasn't too bad of a job. Might as well pull out the front end and rebuild it all. Took me about 1 weekend and that counted sandblasting and painting the control arm. :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I replaced mine in my GREEN 68 road runner..........It wasn't too bad of a job. Might as well pull out the front end and rebuild it all. Took me about 1 weekend and that counted sandblasting and painting the control arm. :thumbsup:

that was the only thing i never replaced....i did everything else

george68hemirr

Reaction score
question on the bushings.....the beveled side goes out to the washer....right??.....also did you have to cut the bushing on the beveled side to make it work ....looks fat compared to whats left of the old bushings

george68hemirr

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
question on the bushings.....the beveled side goes out to the washer....right??.....also did you have to cut the bushing on the beveled side to make it work ....looks fat compared to whats left of the old bushings
:popcorn:
:popcorn:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
George, it's been a long time, but if my memory is correct the tapered side goes away from the washer so it can expand in the body hole. Guys jump in here in case my memory is not serving me. No cutting is required.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
George. The mother mopar part the washer was cup side out on the bushings and the after market ones had instructions stamped in the washer to do the opposite. I think if you turn them out like I saw on the old ones you might crack the poly bushings. Am I on the same part as you?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
George. You got a detailed answer for your question on moparts! Although I didnt have to cut mine! :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
George. You got a detailed answer for your question on moparts! Although I didnt have to cut mine! :thumbsup:

yes that was the question if i had to cut them as i see the a-bodies has too.....thats great....got nuts off strut rod.....was getting into it and got side tracked with my truck and trailer.......thanks for that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well i got back into it and was a piece of cake...took off the nuts off the strut rod,released torsion bar adjuster,removed rear torsion bar clip,removed lower control arm nut,poped upper ball joint,pryed back control arm which slide back the torsion bar in the socket and bingo...out came the strut rod....wasnt bad at all

Back