• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stubborn Joints

Ranger

Reaction score
Tried greasing the front end today before putting the wheels on and getting her off the jack stands, but the 46 year old girl has to fight me one more time. The only grease fittings hat would take grease where the lower ball joints and the new idler arm I just installed. I'm using a pneumatic gun and even puled one of the fittings to be sure it was good. It took grease readily. The idler arm was flopping around when I bought it in Dec., but as I said that has been replaced. The rest of front end seems nice and tight. Anyone have any old tricks that might work?

Ranger

Reaction score
Success! Believe it or not a hand grease gun worked better than the pneumatic. Slow and steady pressure got grease in all but the pitman arm and the adjoining inner tie rod. I replaced the fittings and they took grease as well.

Back