• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

suggestions needed for a new clutch assembly

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
I have a 68 original Hemi .The new clutch I put in it slipped the 1st day I drove..Pulled it in my trailer it stunk to hi heavy...Any suggestions on one that might be more forgiving when it comes to slipping one ......thanks sammy

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Which style of pressure plates are yall using? The very tired one that's in my car car now is the Borg&Beck style, going back with the Diaphram style, kinda curious how it will do

RKNRLR

Reaction score
I also ran an RXT twin plate unit from McLeod, no issues with it. The difference in pedal feel is amazing. Had a centreing issue with the bellhousing that pretty much destroyed it, so Ive now gone with a custom twin plate setup from Western Clutches, local mob here. It is even better than the McLeod unit, but also a fair bit pricier.

cosgig

Reaction score
I’m running a centerforce diaphragm behind my 6bbl and 18 spline, 3:54 rear. It’s a great setup, tho some may not like the diaphragm style, I find no problems.

4F4B7FAA-EB1E-40DD-80A4-9414FCCC5AB6.jpeg

quikbird

Reaction score
It is all function of car weight, power, gearing, that determine clutch plate pressure needed to make it work and more importantly, live more than a couple months. More pressure needed means more leg strength to make it work. Once past a certain point, twin disc clutch is useful to save your leg

cosgig

Reaction score
Looks like a really stout diaphragm clutch plate. That should do the job fine.
Bought it from Mancini because they’re only about an hour away from me. I did buy all the other rebuild stuff from Brewers, because Wayne helps me on a lot of stuff, and I sell all my extra 4 speed stuff to him. Everybody got a piece of cake from me, and I got a sweet setup!

Back