• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspension

the longhair

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your suspension parts from? I need to go through the front end on my car and was wondering if you use PST or just call NAPA and order things up.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
PST is as good as any now. You can go to NAPA and get the professional grade parts but I don't know if they are any good. The good Moog stuff is pretty much gone. Oh look at Rock Auto online also.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I get mine from my Car Quest guy. Less hassel if there are any issues.

metalstorm

Reaction score
The hardest bushing to do was the LCA pin that is in the K member.I did my bushings 20yrs ago and I did an offset bushing on the upper controll arm but in rubber not urethane.Are you looking for all stock bushings?

earlyrides

Reaction score
trick tools and parts

If you are going to do it yourself; do yourself a favor and get the suspesion tools. It makes it so much easier.
http://www.americanmuscle.biz/Suspension_Tools_s/1.htm

Another trick part that isnt too expensive is the Hotchkis upper control arms that have some positive caster and negative camber built into them.
https://www.hotchkis.net/dodge_b_e_body_geometry_corrected_tubular_upper_aarms.html

Description:

Dramatically improve the cornering performance, traction, and steering response of your Dodge, with Hotchkis Sport Suspension Tubular A-Arms. Specifically designed to correct the excessive caster gain, and create the proper negative camber curve, this kit features a Hotchkis exclusive Laser Cut, Pick Up Point Relocation Bracket, and TIG Welded Light Weight A-Arms which are fully gusseted for strength and feature High Articulation Rod Ends for maximum adjustability. Finished off with high quality ball joints and a lustrous, "nickel look" powder coated Finish, blending form and function.

Features:

TIG Welded, Lightweight, 1 1/8" Tubing with laser cut reinforcement gussets.
High Quality, 5/8" High Articulation Rod Ends, and Ball Joints installed.
Laser Cut, CNC Bent Bolt In Relocation Bracket corrects excessive caster gain.
Lustrous, "Nickel Look" Powder Coated Finish.
Benefits:

Dramatically improves traction and steering response.
Lightweight Tubular A-Arms improve camber curve.
Laser Cut, Pick Up Point Relocation Bracket corrects excessive caster gain.
Reduced Bump Steer
Bolt In Installation

How does the geometry corrected arm work?

The a-arm pivot bracket we provide is part of our solution for reducing bumpsteer. The stock upper a-arm configuration has such a steep inner pivot angle. This causes the caster to change rapidly as the suspension travels up & down causing excessive spindle geometry-point movement. Our new pivot location reduces this caster change and allows the upper, lower and steering arms to translate more harmoniously throughout its travel. This change in conjunction with our steering tie rods help minimize unwanted bumpsteer.

In addition, the upper arms themselves have more negative camber and more positive caster built into them to maximize tire contact patch while cornering.

the longhair

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, if it stops snowing here I might have time to get started on it.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
I used pst and they were all moot parts, cheaper than getting everything from napa

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
All mine are from QA1, but for stock stuff or mildly modified, PST is a great source too, you can get a 10% IIRC discount from James @ FBBO, but you being a MOD :rules: over there, I'm sure you already know all that... Just suspension & Mancini Racing, especially has pretty much anything MoPar related, including suspension stuff, stock or performance components or even good old Summit Racing are also great places to deal with...

Last edited:

Budnicks

Reaction score
why not MOD ??, really depends on budget & what you realistically expect out of your build...

Budnicks

Reaction score
sorry I have mistaken you for another member TallHair not Longhair... sorry for any confusion... DOOOOOOUGH !!

Back