• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sway Bar bushing replace

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
Well after seeing Solid Golds pics, and the pics of the Concourse Hemi I feel like a jerk HAHA. This cars are done so flawlessly and meticulous that I cant imagine the work that went into them. I just hillbillied mine and just spray painted my front suspension silver with some rustoleom. Should do the trick, silver looks better than grease that was there! I will try to post pics soon, but I gotta tell you it dosent even come close to what these guys do. And I didnt bother to take our my sway bar busings, I couldnt find a matching set to put back in there so I am just going to use what I have!
Keep it usable there more fun :thumbsup:

Collin

Reaction score
I just have a lot of respect for the work, effort, attention to detail and craftsmanship that you put into your cars! Id really love to see them in person one day

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
I just have a lot of respect for the work, effort, attention to detail and craftsmanship that you put into your cars! Id really love to see them in person one day
Join the party in California June 27th at the Concours d'Elegance I still can't believe they invited me. I can't wait :banana:

CompSyn

Reaction score
Revving this thread from the past...

I may have missed it, but where can I find the correct sway bar to k-frame bracket bushings for my 69 Road Runner? Are there OE or NOS rubber type bushings or are the poly bushings the only ones available?

Just looking for a correct OE appearance. What's everybody doing for this?

Thanks!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I used original (used) 1969 bushings on mine. when I got my car the sway bar was missing. a buddy gave me a bar that was missing one bushing and bracket and I got a pair of used sets off the bay.
reread this thread, couple of guys been MIA for a while now with some great looking Plymouths.

CompSyn

Reaction score
Okay, thanks!

It's been a while since I looked at my originals, I believe they are in pretty good shape so I'm not sure if I should worry about replacing them or not. I also thought I saw some NOS ones on eBay or somewhere but can't remember for sure. I did look at PST and Just Suspension and nothing other than aftermarket straps and bushings. I went to my Chrysler Master Parts catalog and found the sway bar assembly but nothing shows up for the bushings; perhaps they weren't an intended serviceable item?

Then at good old RockAuto I found these: RAYBESTOS Part # 5501102

getimage.php

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I searched long and hard and found nothing but poly, that was almost 3yrs ago but I haven't heard of any rubber ones being made. Any one else :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
CompSyn said:
Okay, thanks!

It's been a while since I looked at my originals, I believe they are in pretty good shape so I'm not sure if I should worry about replacing them or not. I also thought I saw some NOS ones on eBay or somewhere but can't remember for sure. I did look at PST and Just Suspension and nothing other than aftermarket straps and bushings. I went to my Chrysler Master Parts catalog and found the sway bar assembly but nothing shows up for the bushings; perhaps they weren't an intended serviceable item?

Then at good old RockAuto I found these: RAYBESTOS Part # 5501102

getimage.php
The ones you need are triangle shaped

CompSyn

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I searched long and hard and found nothing but poly, that was almost 3yrs ago but I haven't heard of any rubber ones being made. Any one else :popcorn:

So someone made poly bushings that replace the OEMs? What color are they; Bright RED, YELLOW, BLUE or simply Black?

Back to the Raybestos bushing. Are the originals formed to fill in the bracket space or round as shown in the picture? Is the one shown a universal type of bushing? Has anyone ever actually seen a NOS bushing? If they ever existed, what do they look like, and what is the part number?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, thanks 69hemibeep... Raybestos out...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
CompSyn said:
69hemibeep said:

So someone made poly bushings that replace the OEMs? What color are they; Bright RED, YELLOW, BLUE or simply Black?

Back to the Raybestos bushing. Are the originals formed to fill in the bracket space or round as shown in the picture? Is the one shown a universal type of bushing? Has anyone ever actually seen a NOS bushing? If they ever existed, what do they look like, and what is the part number?

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, thanks 69hemibeep... Raybestos out...
The poly ones are black that I got. Do you need a source?

CompSyn

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Yes please! I'd like to check out the source of the poly bushings. Do they make any noise that you've noticed?

Thanks!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
CompSyn said:
69hemibeep said:

Yes please! I'd like to check out the source of the poly bushings. Do they make any noise that you've noticed?

Thanks!
They are quiet, I have to go back to work so I may have to post the source later its in my recipe book which is rather thick :lol:

CompSyn

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
CompSyn said:
69hemibeep said:

Thanks!
They are quiet, I have to go back to work so I may have to post the source later its in my recipe book which is rather thick :lol:

Are these it... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-B-Bod...|Model:Roadrunner&hash=item3cc06deae1&vxp=mtr

CompSyn

Reaction score
Great! After a little more digging I found the same part at Summit Racing for only $10.75.

According to my info, the factory sway bar on my 69 Road Runner is 0.94" otherwise 15/16"

Summit Racing Part Number: PTP-4-1105-BL - link

PTP-4-1105-BL.jpg

Cool! Learn something new every day! I'm going to pick up this set next Summit order.

:thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Just make sure to put LOTS of silicon grease on them or they certainly will squeek and creak!

Back