• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switch Bezel

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I am having a damn hard time removing the switch bezel. The four front screws are out and have looked back behind to see if there is additional screws securing it to the dash. Any hints, what have I missed. I fabricated a bracket to mount my Tach to and I plan on routing the bracket behind the bezel securing to the two middle screws.

Jeff

100_0383.jpg

jays69bird

Reaction score
They come out hard,I had to remove the switches from the back side on mine to get it off,especially the dashlight dimmer.As the dash pads get older they are less pliable.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I put a screw driver behind the curved end of the panel so there are no sharp edges as you pry it out and put some rags or padding over the dash pad you are prying against. It all depends on how hard it has become

Last edited:

moparmonk

Reaction score
Good Evening,
I had my dash on a table in the cellar and I still could not figure it out. If your having the same problem as I did, it is the dash light dimmer hanging up in the metal hole of the dash and it is extremely tight. If possible, reach from behind and move around with a tiny screw driver. With the front also being very tight from a very old dash, have someone move the outer while you move the inner. It will be as co-operative as a piece of bird-ox on a fleece sweater!

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
The screw driver will work just go easy and yes patience. It will come out. The switches will stay in place.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The screw driver will work just go easy and yes patience. It will come out. The switches will stay in place.
One more thing. When I had mine out I found that there isn't much extra length on the wiring harness to each switch. I found that I had to disconnect each one as I went and I had just room to get my hand behind the panel to disconnect the plug. And they can be a lot of fun to put back together!!!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Anybody got a picture of what the screws that hold that bezel in look like?

I can't find mine and really don't even know what the heck I'm lookin for to begin with.:huh: :D

Thanks

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Bezel screw

Here is a pic of the correct screw and length, remember you need four. I have decided just to leave well enough alone. I can not get that bezel to budge. Leaving it in and I am going to mount the bracket to the front for the time being.

Jeff

100_0395.JPG

Back