• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T5 to T7 transition tape line on doors?

Smokngun

Reaction score
Hi all, getting close to paint on my RM23, and my body guy needs to know where to tape off my doors where the exterior is T5, and the interior is T7. My guess was at the door seal/weather strip holes around the perimeter of the door, but he thinks it might just be a tape line around the interior panels above and below the door panel.

Does anyone have photo's of what the tape line should be? I want to get it right. I know it's a PITA to upload pic's here sometimes, so you can certainly just e-mail them to me at m1a_sniper@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
disregard the silver paint the blue is factory. Changes at the weather strip

roadrunner restoration 403.jpg

roadrunner restoration 400.jpg

roadrunner restoration 402.jpg

Smokngun

Reaction score
THANK YOU SIR! Fantastic detail pictures!

I see three colors though; Black (interior), Silver (exterior), and Blue (separating the two). Was the original exterior color blue? Or was the original Interior color blue?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
THANK YOU SIR! Fantastic detail pictures!

I see three colors though; Black (interior), Silver (exterior), and Blue (separating the two). Was the original exterior color blue? Or was the original Interior color blue?

His car was originally blue, was repainted silver, and is again wearing blue on the exterior after a complete nut and bolt resto. The car has a black interior.

If you just mask it off at the holes to attach the weatherstripping you'll be fine. The transition point just has to be BEHIND the weatherstripping. This is not a precision operation by any stretch of the imagination...

Back