• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T7 Paint Help!!

Collin

Reaction score
Hey Guys...long time since I have posted. Heres the update...the crank and pistons are balanced and installed, the camshaft and timing chain installed, heads being machined, motor should be out of the shop this week!! In the mean time we have the bodywork done from the doors forward and are just working to finish the rest up. I would like to paint the engine bay so the motor can go right in. I have been to two seperate paint shops and asked for Mopar T7, I even brought them the PPG chart and they tried to find its direct match. Each shop gave me a different color.... The only original paint on the car right now is in the windshield channel and I am not sure that that looks like the rest of the body would have. Does anyone know the paint codes for T7 so that I can go in and just give them the code instead of trying to match it. They have the PPG color but its only in an enamel, I am looking for a basecoat/Clearcoat. Hope everybodys doin well!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
Hey Guys...long time since I have posted. Heres the update...the crank and pistons are balanced and installed, the camshaft and timing chain installed, heads being machined, motor should be out of the shop this week!! In the mean time we have the bodywork done from the doors forward and are just working to finish the rest up. I would like to paint the engine bay so the motor can go right in. I have been to two seperate paint shops and asked for Mopar T7, I even brought them the PPG chart and they tried to find its direct match. Each shop gave me a different color.... The only original paint on the car right now is in the windshield channel and I am not sure that that looks like the rest of the body would have. Does anyone know the paint codes for T7 so that I can go in and just give them the code instead of trying to match it. They have the PPG color but its only in an enamel, I am looking for a basecoat/Clearcoat. Hope everybodys doin well!!
Any shop that sells PPG should be able to help! Its PPG 2032

Collin

Reaction score
Does PPG make a basecoat clearcoat or just enamel. I think the last shop ran into this problem and had to match the 2032 to whatever was closest in BC/CC.

Collin

Reaction score
the last thing I want it to park next to an original paint T7 or correct T7 cars and have the wrong color!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Just ask for PPG 2032 in DBU or DBC Deltron basecoat. DBU uses a reactive reducer that must be used up in 14 days after it is opened. DBC does not. In fact thinned DBC can be stored in another can for a very long time, years. Most PPG paint stores have a handheld computer reader called "prophet". You need a sample at least the size of a deck of cards that is clear coated. That should not be necessary, it is mainly used to match existing paint but, it will give you a close formula to what is on there. Here is a link to PPG's site. Go to product catalog, select a paint, then you can read about reducing, application, etc.......

http://www.ppg.com/coatings/refinish/en ... fault.aspx

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks! I will go back to the paint shop with that information! :cheers:

zupanj

Reaction score
My car is painted T3 bronze. Here is a picture of the paint can if that's any help.

PA050653.jpg

Good luck.

Jack

jays69bird

Reaction score
Mine is also T3 but my inner doors and and rear panels are T7 if I can did up the can I'll post the code.

Back