• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tear down completed and off to blaster today.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no comment from the peanut gallery.........
yeah need to flnd out sooner or later what's underneath the shlney palnt....

Moparnut

Reaction score
Looks like you're moving along at a nice pace, and leaving no stone unturned! I had poly bushings in my '68 and they did get noisy after a short while. Looks good!

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey Moparnut, thanks. Lot's of little Gremlins to repair, but we're getting there. Guy just told me I have the 742 rear housing with 3.23 gears. From what I read, sounds like the 742 is a nice, strong unit. It has Sure Grip. I'll be putting 3.55's in her before long.

All is going well, but it's a slow process. Can't wait to see the big parts installed (quarters, etc.)

Thanks,

John

droptop

Reaction score
moparchris said:
If you change your cam specs a bit it will have plenty of vacuum. Just widen the lobe seperation out to 112 or 114. It will smooth out the idle too and spread out the powerband allowing you to have a tighter torque converter and run less gear. Choppy idles and high vacuum reading dont exist together. Well unless its 600 inches then all bets are off.

x2 on the cam selection. Over lap is what causes low vacum. High lift and short duration will make boat loads of torque and vacum. :cents: Good luck on the build. It looks like you are well on your way.

Back