• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tech stuff

katman

Reaction score
i need help, my question is i have a 69 rr, 4spd #matching 383 with stock intake, i do have a purple shaft cam, have started to replace my carter 4bbl carb to a 670 street avenger with electric choke, have found that the divorce choke area of the intake is in the way of the dual flow fuel line, i can reroute that but where the carb will sit about quarter of an inch i have a linkage problem i have to modify intake with die grinder by cutting a little slot in the base of intake, it will not create vacuum leak but will allow the carb to set flat and bolt in. i want to keep the stock intake becauese i have air grabber set-up so can't raise carb with diff intake only have so much room thanks any ideas or experiences, katman

katman

Reaction score
thats the plan i'm trying now, thanks for the help, is the 440 air grabber base lower profile than the 383 base. the spacer i'll be trying 1st is approx 1/2" tall, plus gasket, and than i will temp set everything and put some clay onair grabber and see where it fits. thanks

Back