• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tempest 455 Intro

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Was born in Detroit Dad worked at Chrysler in the 60's-70's. I can't count how many Mopars we had when I was a kid. Had pretty much 1 of everything at some point. The street we lived on pretty much everyone worked for the big 3 auto mfg's. So I have fond memories of all kinds of cars from when I was a kid.

Favorite my Dad had was a '69 HEMI Super Bee and '70 440-6 RT Challenger. My mom used to the grocery store in the Bee and my Dad took the wagon to work. I love Mopars but also love all other brands, especially Pontiac's. Just getting back into Mopars and will make a post soon of what I found.

I also picked a name I was pretty sure nobody else had! :)

Last edited:

moparmonk

Reaction score
I also picked a name I was pretty sure nobody else had! :)[/QUOTE]

That site name may be used somewhere but pretty sure your not going to find it on this site! Welcome from Maine and looking forward to hearing your stories of early year Detroit.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
I also picked a name I was pretty sure nobody else had! :)[/QUOTE said:
Welcome from KY, my love of Mopars comes from my Dad, but my mothers first car was a '68 Pontiac Lemans, so I get it.

inri

Reaction score
Welcome from N. California!

I used to own a '69 Pontiac GTO that had a heart transplant of a 540 BBC! LOL... I opened my eyes in my early 30's and realized Mopar put out the BEST cars! Got rid of the Goat and found a '69 RR. I've never turned back and am thankful every day :)

Did Pontiac make a Tempest 455?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome aboard - we'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you have found!

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!

Been a long day and literally just got back home. Here is what I found and just drove it home. This meets 2 of my goals and that was, to find a very original Road Runner or Bee, and be able to drive it home. I just drove this 70 miles through the countryside of KY/TN back home.

Found a very nice '69 383 Road Runner from a great guy and his dad. Both very nice people. The car appears to be pretty close to a survivor. It's just had and exterior re-paint at one point. Drive line appears all original. Interior appears all original. Don't remember for sure but I think he said it was a 3 owner car. I'm pretty excited about this find and my wife likes it as well, which is good.

Here are some pics and vid. I will post up some Mopar stories from when my Dad worked there tomorrow.

IMG_15761_zps234ef0b9.jpg

IMG_15581_zps05e88627.jpg

IMG_15601_zps2b459e38.jpg

[video=youtube;UoKHb4GNGVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKHb4GNGVY[/video]

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Another Sunfire Yellow post car, from KY. Yours is in far better shape than mine is! Congrats on the great find.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That car sounds as good as it looks!! What better way to get a test drive in then driving it home!! :drive: Congrats!!

Back