• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tempest 455 Intro

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Drove it home, home today. Had it in a storage spot after I bought because I'm waiting for my garage to be done. It's getting close so I was able to park my wifes car in there and bring this home. My kids freaked out, we did not tell them until today.

[video=youtube;6roC70o6a2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6roC70o6a2U[/video]

IMG_1640_zpsb867bf08.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lucky bastard! I'd give my left nut to take mine for a drive.
lets see some pics of that Pontiac!

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Love it! Finally got mine tuned in today and was able show my import lovin' buddy what American muscle is about. Now I just need to get it painted.

Tempest 455

Reaction score
lucky bastard! I'd give my left nut to take mine for a drive.
lets see some pics of that Pontiac!

Here it is. I've had this car around 20 years. Had 28,000 miles when I bought it. It was literally a Grandma's car w/ a straight 6 and glide. I've had at least 4 motors, 3 trans and rear end in that time. Currently has 35,000 miles w/ original interior still. Color is original as well. The cage was TIG'd into place with the interior in the car. Car is a lot of fun when it's driven, which is almost never. Despite that, I will never sell it. Have too many memories with it.

This is why I wanted a stock or close to stock car (and Mopar as my Dad had) that I can drive.

DSCN0020.1JPG.jpg

DSCN0014.1.JPG

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
unless it's just not street friendly, get that car out! you never know when somethng like this could happen. it's too nice to be gathering dust.:thumbsup:

newsummersetstuff004.jpg

Tempest 455

Reaction score
unless it's just not street friendly, get that car out! you never know when somethng like this could happen. it's too nice to be gathering dust.:thumbsup:

It's just shy of 14:1 comp and a 5,200 RPM converter w/ (2) 750 AFB's. It's not street friendly! I drive it on a limited basis and is a long story why it's so hairy.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Was born in Detroit Dad worked at Chrysler in the 60's-70's. I can't count how many Mopars we had when I was a kid. Had pretty much 1 of everything at some point. The street we lived on pretty much everyone worked for the big 3 auto mfg's. So I have fond memories of all kinds of cars from when I was a kid.

Favorite my Dad had was a '69 HEMI Super Bee and '70 440-6 RT Challenger. My mom used to the grocery store in the Bee and my Dad took the wagon to work. I love Mopars but also love all other brands, especially Pontiac's. Just getting back into Mopars and will make a post soon of what I found.

I also picked a name I was pretty sure nobody else had! :)

Welcome to PRR forum, Great to see so many names I see on other site, I just joined too...

Back