• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TF727 pump fluid repair sleeve

vso737

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_uYfcyRWvXI

(turn up your speaker)

Hopefully the work I just finished on the TF727 valve body will fix my DRAIN BACK issue once and for all.
I purchased the shift kit that TCI uses on their 'street fighter' transmission (from them). I purchased the TCI transmission from SUMMIT RACING three years ago.
In redoing the shift kit, I noticed that TCI set up the trans. for COMPETION use by using the 'accumulator blocker rod'. I left it out and modified the kit for STREET use. I have NO intention of dragging racing this monster.
I also noticed that TCI interchanged some springs which both called for LATE and EARLY models. My trans. is a 1977 but who knows what the valve body came off of.
My main accomplishment and intent was to replace the pressure regulator valve with the after market SONNAX valve that is suppose to take care of the DRAIN BACK issue. One would think that TCI used this valve. They DID NOT. ( the SONNAX valve I used is the EARLY valve which matched the one in the transmission. The also sell the LATE model one)
Another thing I discovered is that the shifter was NOT fully engaging in first gear due to a defective plate that was hitting the shifter. Filed approx. 1/32" off the plate and issue resolved.
The adjustments called for in the kit were way off in the transmission when I checked them.
I did NOT find any stuck valves; broken springs or anything else out of the ordinary.
I have yet to test my work. Right after installing 5 quarts of fluid, took the wife to lunch and it started raining on our way back home. Should know something once the car gets out of the garage. I have a VERY GOOD feeling that this will take care of the 'drain back' once and for all.
ONLY TIME WILL TELL!

LG,
Mike

Back