• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

that was a fun ride.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
went to leave for work today, and after I started the truck, it died. carb was flooded pretty good for some mysterious reason. Got it going and went to work. Headed home tonight, and got halfway home, and headed up a pretty good hill, and truck just about died. Was low on gas, but should've had enough to get home. Stumbled up the hill, and got better on the level. Got a couple mile from home, and it died. Flooded again(gas all over the carb and intake). Got it going and just pulled in the driveway, and did it again. I think it just knows it;s days of service are numbered. I'm finishing up on the truck my Uncle's giving me, and this one will be put out to pasture.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, this beauty. 10:30 last night, just didn't fell like messing around. just wanted to get home. looked at it this morning. might have found the problem. I was looking things over, and I grabbed the carb, and it was loose, but not all of it. The top half was loose from the bottom. and of course, Ma Mopar put the screws in from the bottom so I had to pull the carb off. Tightened it up, and th truck fired right up. Last day of work before VACATION!!!!! so I'm gonna take the runner today.

dobie

Reaction score
Good to hear you got her fixed!

:cheers:

Too bad it's not a 4 wheel drive....... I'd love to find a project one.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It must of been a relief when it turned out to be an easy fix. That's strange though that those screws would loosen up.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You know, I was going to make a smart a$$ comment but I decided today at 4:24 pm that I was goin to be nice to Dave. Dave I'm glad you found the problem! Now its 4:26 and I'm bad again. That was exhausting :devil:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
That looks like the 84 I had,except mine was 4 whl drive.

I had a beautiful red '83 step-side 4X4. Looked like a lifted LRE without the stacks. Back in '91 I was CRASHED INTO TWICE IN THREE DAYS. No exaggeration. Some Brit down here on vacation got confused about the driving on the right hand vs. left hand thing and pulled out of a Wendy's right in my path headed the wrong way... And then two days later some bimbo yakkin' on a giant early nineties cell phone and not paying attention turned right in front of me causing another head-on. Both clearly their fault. Shoulda seen their insurance companies fighting over who caused what damage...just revolting... Anyway, since the nose was now competely gone I had the entire front end replaced with then new '91 sheet metal/grill and had the only "new" step-side 4X4 anywhere around... Eventually ended up trading it in on a new '93 Ram 150 with a 5.9 Magnum and a 5-speed...also Red...

:jester:

jays69bird

Reaction score
This kid I knew Kevin,his dad had an 81 4x4 red stepside 318 4 spd.like you describe,he put the stacks on that was a cool truck,he was supposed to tell me when he wanted to sell it,instead he traded it in on an Olds 88,a kid who worked at the parts counter bought it beat the snot out of it,later he worked at the same C-P dealer that I did at the time ParK in Fulton,he traded it in on a Sundance,I tried to buy it off our wholesale lot but the owner gave me a way too high price like NADA retail,I missed out again,years later the truck was 4 miles down the road from me beat up rusty,900 bucks I had just put a place up so I was light on cash I himed and hawed and it was gone :( I still think about that truck all the time I guess it wasn't ment to be.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
This kid I knew Kevin,his dad had an 81 4x4 red stepside 318 4 spd.like you describe,he put the stacks on that was a cool truck,he was supposed to tell me when he wanted to sell it,instead he traded it in on an Olds 88,a kid who worked at the parts counter bought it beat the snot out of it,later he worked at the same C-P dealer that I did at the time ParK in Fulton,he traded it in on a Sundance,I tried to buy it off our wholesale lot but the owner gave me a way too high price like NADA retail,I missed out again,years later the truck was 4 miles down the road from me beat up rusty,900 bucks I had just put a place up so I was light on cash I himed and hawed and it was gone :( I still think about that truck all the time I guess it wasn't ment to be.

Wow.. You worked at Par-K? My Dad bought a 68 300 and I bought a 68 Satellite from Sparky back when he was a hungry sales guy.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
Good to hear you got her fixed!

Too bad it's not a 4 wheel drive....... I'd love to find a project one.

be a real project turning it into a 4X4....make ya a sweet deal on it... :jester:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
jays69bird said:

Wow.. You worked at Par-K? My Dad bought a 68 300 and I bought a 68 Satellite from Sparky back when he was a hungry sales guy.
I worked there back in the 80's,sounds like your talking back in the days it was Parkay,by the way my dad bought the first 69 Fury in Fulton,it came in they wouldn't let him have the car until the 69's were introduced.

jays69bird

Reaction score
In retrospec I should have went to Sparky on that Dodge truck,he would have sold it to me at wholesale,I went to Andy, God rest his soul instead.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
dobie said:
:cool:

Now if I only had the 4x4 drivetrain........

if you already had the parts it would be too easy! :lmao: I've been four months trying to get my Uncle's '87 down here, and basically all I've needed to do it swap parts and get exhaust done. But on 21 turn, it takes forever. Be easier if the truck wasn't an hour away. Hopefully while I'm off the next two weeks. Of course the Boss expects me to finish painting the house first....... :toetap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

if you already had the parts it would be too easy! :lmao: I've been four months trying to get my Uncle's '87 down here, and basically all I've needed to do it swap parts and get exhaust done. But on 21 turn, it takes forever. Be easier if the truck wasn't an hour away. Hopefully while I'm off the next two weeks. Of course the Boss expects me to finish painting the house first....... :toetap:
What color Yellow :lmao:

Big John

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Big John said:
jays69bird said:

I worked there back in the 80's,sounds like your talking back in the days it was Parkay,by the way my dad bought the first 69 Fury in Fulton,it came in they wouldn't let him have the car until the 69's were introduced.

Yep, that was Parkay back then.

My Dad bought his 68 300 just before the 69 came out in September (remember those days?)

Big John

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

What color Yellow :lmao:

OK time for a house painting story... I bought my house in 1984 and painted it yellow that summer. It was a goldish brown. It looked good for a long time and I was happy.

Fast forward to about 1997 or so... I was out of town working for a week and a half... I came home and the house was green... My (ex)wife and my kids painted it.

So.... my present wife hears this story and the next thing I know the house is red....... She still needs to finish the other side though.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[/quote]
What color Yellow :lmao:[/quote]

well aren't WE just a laugh a minute! :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat pend) She picked a stone color with GREEN trim. Tell ya what, I'll send her over to your place to supervise your build.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back