• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The bird is finally back in its nest!!!!!!!!!

69rrvert

Reaction score
After 1 1/2 years with the convertible living at my parents house, I was finally able to get it back to my house today. It has pretty much been sitting since February '08 with my brother driving it occasionally. It cranked up pretty easy and off I went. I stopped by the the conveinence store to give it a shot of fresh gas and when I got ready to leave, she was DOA. I had to call a freind to bring me some cables and got it running again. Made the trip to my house (25 miles) with no problems. Man I missed driving it around. Anyway, it turned out to be dirty cables. I disconnected the battery cables and cleaned them. I reconnected them and she fired right up. Drove it to school this afternon to pick up the kids after school. Needless to say, they were excited to have it home again. Before we left the school parking lot, my youngest was already asking me to "burn rubber, daddy". It's good to have it back at my house :beep: . Thanks, Steven

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69rrvert said:
"burn rubber, daddy"

:banana: :beep: :banana:

:jester:

thats cool....glad to see your back in the saddle.......i was just leaving a car show the other day and some little kid yells out....LITEM UP GEORGE....i remember saying that when i was a kid

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
"Burn rubber daddy" that almost as good as the first words they speak :cheers: Glad its home for ya :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
glad you got her home. now drive the wheels off! :drive:

John69RR

Reaction score
Thats great Steve. I have heard that Chic-Filet in Kemah has started the Saturday Night cruises again.

moparstuart

Reaction score
I brought my 69 back home saturday , it's been stored at my moms house for a year .
It started right up and runs like a dream . I love this car it is so reliable and alway dependable.

69rrvert

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Thats great Steve. I have heard that Chic-Filet in Kemah has started the Saturday Night cruises again.

We'll have to try and make another one. Are you still on shift or working days now. I am on long change and go back on nights tomorrw (Friday). Thanks - Steven

John69RR

Reaction score
I'm on straight days, 5-12's, until at least January. It's killing me. Can't find the time to put the car back together.

Back