• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The distraction

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey guys, I havent posted in a while. Between this Chevelle and a 900hp big block for a friends boat I havent had much time for the 69 Runner. I have been working on the Runner but I havent had the time to update and get my pictures in order, there has been a lot of things done on it in the last few months. This Chevelle is a 70 and has a 350/4 speed/ 12 bolt combo and I have been working on getting the new 496 on the dyno as well as restoring a frame for it. It will look stock but pack more than 700 pump gas hp. Here are some pics as I just finished putting it together after being in the paint shop.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...a red '70 Chevelle with black stereo stripes...I've never seen one before... :lmao:

Looks good, Chris... :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks good Chris! And Ray, I don't think they came in other colors :jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey guys, I havent posted in a while. Between this Chevelle and a 900hp big block for a friends boat I havent had much time for the 69 Runner. I have been working on the Runner but I havent had the time to update and get my pictures in order, there has been a lot of things done on it in the last few months. This Chevelle is a 70 and has a 350/4 speed/ 12 bolt combo and I have been working on getting the new 496 on the dyno as well as restoring a frame for it. It will look stock but pack more than 700 pump gas hp. Here are some pics as I just finished putting it together after being in the paint shop.

welcome back....its great to hear from ya again

moparchris

Reaction score
Alright so the color isnt so original. I have this attraction from the universe for green cars, this one included! I took it to a car show over the labor day weekend and there were no less than 3 in this color combo! I cant wait to buy a wing car so I can have the only one since there are none around here at the local shows.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soap:

...so you got your doors blown off by a red '70 Chevelle at some point, did ya...???!!! It's not good to let these things fester...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
SomeCarGuy said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soap:

...so you got your doors blown off by a red '70 Chevelle at some point, did ya...???!!! It's not good to let these things fester...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I thought he was just rehearsing for Halloween :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
Oh and since I am in Chevy territory right now, here are some pics of the big Chevy I just finished for my buddies boat. I have close to 150 hours in it. It made 887hp at 6300 and 837tq at 4000.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Is that thing reverse rotation since it's a boat engine? If not, maybe you could load it into The Distraction for a few weeks...I'll come out and help you evaluate its performance...

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Is that thing reverse rotation since it's a boat engine? If not, maybe you could load it into The Distraction for a few weeks...I'll come out and help you evaluate its performance...

Hi Ray,

No its a garden variety Chevy, there already has been much pressure to load it into the shovel and lay some rubarb. Come on out and I will show you what a hundred mph feels like in a 19 foot jet boat!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
then there are times you see the guy going faster infront of the boat skidding across the water....thats hauling ass :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
then there are times you see the guy going faster infront of the boat skidding across the water....thats hauling ass :thumbsup:

I know right?! I hate going fast in these things. It scares me since they are so shakey. This boat feels like a Cadillac at that speed, feels a little better than my buddies boat that runs 130 mph. :eek: I only went that fast once.

Back