• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the first bird

quikbird

Reaction score
All right everybody. Yes this includes all of you who just sign up and lurk in the bushes. Most of us had a roadrunner when we were slightly younger. most of those cars look a little different than the current one. at least mine does. so I decided to start a new thread for pictures of your first roadrunner. As far as I am concerned the goofier the clothes or hair ( remember those days?) the better. Here is my first roadrunner to start things off. let's enjoy!!

IMG_2840.jpg

:victorious: :bump:

IMG_2840.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Never took a picture of my first one and in 74 I was a sight for sore eyes :lol: Quikie did you do drugs :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

69RNR

Reaction score
LMAO! Dude that's awesome!! I didn't have a Road Runner, I had a 68 Dodge Coronet. Sadly, no photos....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like it...the Cragars clearly save it...I had a friend in high school that had a Nova with the paint scheme like that. Know whatever happened to it?
My first was a '73 340 4 speed green of course. Bought it off a coworkers boyfriend in '82 for $400.
the blonde I was dating sure taught me alot in the front seat......

PTDC0003_zpsxpppcety.gif

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Sorry stated out with a Doge Charger 381 slap stick. But soon was racing a 340 duster with a friend we went half's on it. But after loosing we slapped a 440 bored to the hilt in it and all the bell's and whistles. Oh charger was brown with white land dow roof. White interior. :yesnod:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A12 clone, early 70's.

scan0001.jpg

I must have been sandbagging on this run, the car ran faster than the dial in.

scan9.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of my first '69 RR that I bought '72. It was a car that I never should have bought because it was really beat up on. I had problems with he bulkhead connector, had the 4 speed trany rebuilt, and replaced the rear shock cross mount after I discovered that it had been broken, [air shocks) and bolted to the trunk floor. I seem to remember that I replaced the clutch too. But it never stranded me anywhere! Oh yeah, it was F8.

quikbird

Reaction score
Never took a picture of my first one and in 74 I was a sight for sore eyes :lol: Quikie did you do drugs :lol::lol::lol:

Drugs? Drugs? What drugs? Hey it was the mid 70's, college in Athens ohio at ohio u, no1 party school in the country, what drugs?
How many people noticed that the rr is sitting level but the driveway slopes up quite a bit? I think when I measured it once it was about 11 inches over stock height. 383, 4 gear, bench seat :groucho: , L50's in back, burned out glass paks, 4" pipes side exhaust. I could shake windows as I drove past. The good old days. Once made the three hour trip from Akron back to Athens in two. That was a night! Loved that car!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is the way Big John. Can see you got Oil in you vanes. And I though you were a mild manner guy. :applouse:

Skey01

Reaction score
UIMG_1155.jpg I hope this is allowed my current car was the motivation for this car and several others.. My cousins Road Runner was the motivation always lurking in the shadows, took 47 years but finally I got it! (1975 my 1970 BEE, 440 six PAC, auto console)

IMG_1155.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote

Reaction score
All right everybody. Yes this includes all of you who just sign up and lurk in the bushes. Most of us had a roadrunner when we were slightly younger. most of those cars look a little different than the current one. at least mine does. so I decided to start a new thread for pictures of your first roadrunner. As far as I am concerned the goofier the clothes or hair ( remember those days?) the better. Here is my first roadrunner to start things off. let's enjoy!!

View attachment 11661

:victorious: :bump:

View attachment 11661

Sorta trendy in the olden days. Some of us were young and without a lick of sense or taste.:rofl::fool::beep:

RonLiv

Reaction score
My First Roadrunner. Bought it in 1974 for $800. It was T7 when I got it, repainted it Y2. Smashed the front end chasing a GTO that was going to slow. Sitting in the auto parts store a guy walks in and asked "Who's got the RR with the smashed up front end?" I put my head down and hand up. He went on to tell me he had a GTX with the rear totaled and long story short, sold me the front clip and hood. And man it was an Air Grabber. He kept the 440, had other plans. I got some cheapo aluminum mag wheels and fat tires. Had the car until 1980, it was toast. Who knows where it would be now, probably the crusher. This is the only Pic I have, or at least could find. Always wanted another one, now I do.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like it...the Cragars clearly save it...I had a friend in high school that had a Nova with the paint scheme like that. Know whatever happened to it?
My first was a '73 340 4 speed green of course. Bought it off a coworkers boyfriend in '82 for $400.
the blonde I was dating sure taught me alot in the front seat......

]

enhance.jpg

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
I don't have any pics, just memories. It was my Mom's 69 RR hardtop, F3 green, two tone green bench interior, antique green vinyl top. Column shift auto, power steering, and decore package. Car ended up in the junk yard, but I still have the original 383 in the barn. When I was 16, I worked at a Shell station, so Mom was very happy when I brought her car home with a full tank of gas.

Back