• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Mare’s Leg

Rich B

Reaction score
760032D5-57DA-4EC1-AF0A-15FD3B663875.jpeg Never had interest in owning a AR15 or other. Had more time with fully auto weapons than I can remember as being range instructor with Army. Favorite though was the 203 Grenade Launcher; loved how those would just “lobe in”. Never knew these were actually a marketable commodity, thought Steve McQueen had the only one or other. Now this has my full attention and think I will buy one. Go hunting? You could as they appear quite accurate from what I’ve viewed so far. My intent? Nothing actually but the Coyotes are gaining ground here and when I walk the pups...... trails are all private property, woods. Have .45 auto but what fun is that, not sure on caliber I would purchase, Henry has excellent renditions of these.

Oh too, can carry concealed weapon but never seem to. May regret it some day.

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
Hi Russ, sold as a pistol so the sawed off rifle law can be circumvented. My understanding anyways.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just was wondering about that. They are changing so many of the law's who know. I was throwed into jail for a 6 inch bullate flash light because some jerk said I had a gun. They never proved any thing of a sort. But still cost me 4000 dollars and two night's in jail. I see that Colt is not making any more Ar15's for the public. But yet some on can mow down 20 people or more with a vehicle. Where is our country headed. We will be like the Polish people in second world war. All they had was rabbit rifles-Rakes and hoe's when the German's invaded. So all American's beware. Vote to keep our grate nation grate. :thumbsup2:

Rich B

Reaction score
AB745EB7-B499-4D21-A9F8-DF1C6ACFFBFC.jpeg That’s a shame Russ too, that even had to take place. Just knowing you from here can tell your not that caliber of person to do something as that. Was arrested for OUI maybe 20 years ago now. Typical seniario except the arresting officer suddenly moved (knew of him) and is now deceased I’ve heard. Didn’t wish that on him or nothing to do with me but in ME not good idea to arrest Shriners or Masons for that matter. All charges dismissed, he went moose hunting that day, oh well. I’m completely harmless, they knew this lol.

Looked into pistols a bit more and like the .45 with octagon barrel and saddle ring. Seems on line purchase is possible and hope they do background check at least, no rush. Well below MSRP, free shipping- we’ll see. Here’s what these look like, many refinements from 1958.

Heard about Colt decision also, kinda late after how many millions out there? The Russian version of full auto (AK47 of coarse) was superior to the M16A1 in the beginning. The 16’s would jam easily, constant cleaning and not dependable. The AK had such sloppy tolerances they couldn’t misfunction very easy. By accident or on purpose designed as such? Know you knew all that anyways Russ, just thinking back......

Oh sure, being monitored here but don’t really care. About time that’s done also in MHO.

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
OK- so Jr. and I ordered 2 of the Long Colt .45 ones. Retailed for $1,024 each I believe it was and paid $724 and change each. Came to more than that of coarse with background check fee and something other, can’t recall what Jr. mentioned. He had fun with that, in wheelchair (leg missing); gives him something to do (yup, Vet), be a good piece for him. Should get next week sometime.

I know, he bought some ammo also. Can see the overwhelming enthusiasm on this one, but can be a bounty hunter now lol. Will PU at local gunsmith over to Poland Spring. Ah no, I bought them actually- don’t want him running his CC’s up again. Been doing really good, he’s been debt free other than regular monthly’s.

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
Thanks Russ and thank you for your sacrifices also my friend. First the draft was done away with after Vietnam Nam and then after 1st Gulf War maybe half the armed forces (combined/consolidated), time for me to say “bye” also. Never went to Viet Nam myself; just got married and did my time before escalation of conflict; ship was headed over- I had my fill in those times, didn’t like what was taking place either with the country.

The good news was I had a ‘69 road runner in my future, not yet orchestrated of coarse.

Best, Rich

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
Wrap up now. We bought 2 of these and never had so much fun today target shooting. Absolutely no kick (.45 long), can actually shoulder fire and not confining, sold as a pistol. Ours are 5 shot tube loading, lever action which isn’t considered assault for sure lol, not looking for anything as that though. Try for photo here anyways.E10E88F4-20F6-43C7-A05A-617B9D07A3BA.jpeg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Nice! I’ve been looking at these off and on this year. Just haven’t pulled the trigger (no pun intended) and bought one yet. Don’t know which caliber I want, but considering the 22 WMR... or might go with the 357 mag to use same ammo as my revolver.

Rich B

Reaction score
E8E5683E-EECE-4A42-B2F4-32C9F9CF98F0.jpeg We have .45 longs, just put the fiber optic sights on mine and wow. Easy change, must use brass drift pin and light taps as its dovetail fit. Also have sling shoulder holster and carries with the stock down as that end’s heavy, has strap. Could carry concealed under say raincoat and I’m left handed with so with crossover slow draw lol. .22 could be a blast, ammo way cheaper than even those .45 cowboy rounds. But even so, no kick whatsoever IMHO.

Last edited:

Rich B

Reaction score
87FE8EDD-234E-4D5E-A350-085902A84A27.jpeg Stand corrected, tube will hold “6” shells and one chambered. And then this honey which is .45 but APC (automatic pistol Colt). Understand ammo aside from short rounds, diameters are slightly different. Be right back...

Last edited:
Back