• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The new ebay motors

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:huh: On the old I would put in 1968-1969 roadrunner or road runner under parts and accessories and get 600 or so parts to look at on each search. How are you guys using the new pile of crap or is it me?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:huh: On the old I would put in 1968-1969 roadrunner or road runner under parts and accessories and get 600 or so parts to look at on each search. How are you guys using the new pile of crap or is it me?
I don't like it. I've only tried it once so far and it takes a lot longer to find stuff. It was good before when all you had to do was click on the "mopar" in the search area and there it was, or type in something more specific and get a good selection. Now you have so many more steps for less returns. Not that I'm going to be buy anything from there. Now that they require all payments through paypal, which it isn't, a pal that is. I had a problem when I tried to sign up with them. I was told that I already had an account. Well when I tried to send for the password reminder and tried to answer the personal security questions, they all came back as incorrect. I called them and was told that I was the only one who would have those answers. I told them that those answers didn't work so I couldn't have set up the account. Their reply was the same as the first one. Then it was just like talking to a wall because they wouldn't listen to my argument, and I got nowhere with them. So screw them. Now that the rag has forced all payments to go through them, I won't be buying anything from e-bay. I just like to see what's there from time to time. I hear alot of complaints from guys on other sites and it seems that many of them are at the point where they won't buy from them either. Sometimes when companies try to improve things, they only make it worse. I think that's what is going to happen here.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I really haven't had my play $$ lately, so I haven't spent my usual amount of time on the bay. I have looked at some train stuff, and Amber bought a video game this week. about 9 out of 10 sellers have told me they will accept a US Postal Money Order. And I've noticed more sellers are putting in their listings they will take money orders. a lot of them don't care for pay pal either.

droptop

Reaction score
I just typed in "1969 Road Runner" in the search at the very top of the page of the ebay motors home page and got 1205 ads. I wasn't aware that any thing had changed on ebay in a while.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I haven't had too much trouble, I did like the old one better. I love eBay and Paypal, but I haven't had any troubles out of them. :cheers:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to always spend my lunches on E-bay and a little bit at home but I've stopped for quite a while now. My gripes: it's too slow to run at work with our DSL or network it takes forever to see anything, but my bigest complaint is the search engine, it used to show all auctions in the order they will close out in, now it does the "best match" and you can't overide it "my e-bay" (well you can but it reverts back to best match before you are finished) so it shows you what it wants to and somehow it's so smart it knows what the best match is for me, well it doesn't. The PayPal I've heard bad stories about it, I've never had any issues with buying or selling, but I liked the option of Cashier's checks which you can't do anymore. I don't have the disposable money for E-bay right now too, but I had more fun looking at the obsure and oddball stuff more than anything.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
my bigest complaint is the search engine, it used to show all auctions in the order they will close out in, now it does the "best match" and you can't overide it "my e-bay" (well you can but it reverts back to best match before you are finished) so it shows you what it wants to and somehow it's so smart it knows what the best match is for me, well it doesn't.

My biggest gripe as well.

Never had any problems with paypal however...

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Im not after any particular part usually, I just want an overall look at new listings nation wide not a best match within 200 miles. I gave them an earful! :D

moparmoose3

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm new here. for me it seems to be the same. course i had it locked in as one of my favorites and it goes right to the roadrunner site or the parts section.

moparmoose3

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
That's the ticket. Save your search as you would normally use it and it will save all the settings that you use. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparmoose3 said:
hi guys, i'm new here. for me it seems to be the same. course i had it locked in as one of my favorites and it goes right to the roadrunner site or the parts section.

moparmoose3
I'm going to try again :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I figured out a way,but I'm not happy with it. I have to use internet explorer, if I'm in instant messanger something will lock my machine up and I have to shut it down and restart it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've been using Internet Explorwe since we dropped AOHell before Christmas. It's soooo much faster, and it's FREE.

Back