• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The perfect modern wheel size for b-bodies.

mannye

Reaction score
In a world full of oversized "Foosified" wagon wheel looking rims, I always thought there must be a rim size that both looks good and allows modern bigger brake discs to mount to our beloved B-Bodies.

I was looking through the December edition of Mopar Action and right there on page 68 is a picture of a heavily modded Charger "Roadster" (I like it...not crazy about the chocks on the decklid, but overall a nice job) sporting 17 inch Billet Specialties rims and what looks like 60 series tires. PERFECT! (IMO...YMMV)

20Finished-46.jpg

69B5

Reaction score
All though I'm a stock type of guy, I must admit those rims look good

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see where you're going with this, but it's still not my cup of tea... Personally, I'll just pass on 13" brakes if it means I have to go with rims that look like they belong on a Lexus or some other over-priced, foreign-made tonka toy... :cents:

:jester:

amike95

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I see where you're going with this, but it's still not my cup of tea... Personally, I'll just pass on 13" brakes if it means I have to go with rims that look like they belong on a Lexus or some other over-priced, foreign-made tonka toy... :cents:

:thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive seen worse :lol: Kinda boarder line but I wouldn't wear them :cents:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ive seen worse :lol: Kinda boarder line but I wouldn't wear them :cents:

X2

They don't look horrible - just not my preference. True, they are not 24" Ghetto wheels, but they head in that direction.

droptop

Reaction score
I don't mind the look of the larger dia. wheels, but the low profile tires just plain suck. They make the ride terrible. :cents:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I have to agree with the other guys, they don't look too bad on that car, but I wouldn't use them. I'm also prefer the stock look on my cars, and to me any size wheel other then what was offered as OEM has no place on any cars of this era. They just make the cars look like crappola!! :jester:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
To each there own as long as I'm not paying for them.

Just not the look I would want.

:cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Xs2

mannye

Reaction score
The beauty of wheels is that they are the ultimate bolt-on.

You no like...you take off OK?

I just read the crapolla post... seriously? You can look at the Charger in the picture and say that looks like crap? I mean, you are TOTALLY entitiled to your opinion, but really? Crap? That? (forget about the "roadster" treatment...I'm talking in general). I can see where you might not like it, AND I can also agree that those big huge wagon wheels look stupid on a classic and pretty much anything else, but these just aren't looking like that to me...

I guess I'll just drive home ..Oh! there's the valet with my car... see you later!

75050498036f5abcdc4df6.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mannye said:
I just read the crapolla post... seriously? You can look at the Charger in the picture and say that looks like crap? I mean, you are TOTALLY entitiled to your opinion, but really? Crap? That? (forget about the "roadster" treatment...I'm talking in general). I can see where you might not like it, AND I can also agree that those big huge wagon wheels look stupid on a classic and pretty much anything else, but these just aren't looking like that to me...

I think you need to re-read his post. He never said that car looks like crapola. He even went so far as to say "they don't look too bad on THAT CAR". He said that big wheels make those cars (B-Bodies - YOUR ORIGINAL TOPIC) look like crap. I think that if you're going to call somebody out you ought to at least get it right. :cents:

You like 'em; he doesn't. Want to hazard a guess as to who is in the minority on THIS WEBSITE??? :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
Not trying to inflame the situation but I prefer this look personally. To each his own.[attachment=0:2qvee6g8]RR.jpg[/attachment:2qvee6g8]

mannye

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mannye said:

I think you need to re-read his post. He never said that car looks like crapola. He even went so far as to say "they don't look too bad on THAT CAR". He said that big wheels make those cars (B-Bodies - YOUR ORIGINAL TOPIC) look like crap. I think that if you're going to call somebody out you ought to at least get it right. :cents:

You like 'em; he doesn't. Want to hazard a guess as to who is in the minority on THIS WEBSITE??? :D

Well that's what I meant... B Bodies... I should have been clearer but he DID say B-bodies...of which the roadster is one...so nyahh.

Back