• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things to look for....

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
From looking at the posted pictures and needed exterior work and parts I would have to say you will have all most double on what you figured on paint and body work.

I have my doubt that engine has been run not to long ago from what the seller says and the way it looks in your pictures.

Just my .02 on the above after restoring 6 Mopars.

quikbird

Reaction score
Rust all over this car. You will need to do a lot of repair work here. Might be better off getting something a little nicer that needs less work.
Engine has not run in a long time, none of fan belts are present and grooves on pulleys are very rusty, column not connected to steering box, interior is completely trashed, expect quarters and a complete sandblast to bare metal on this one. This will not be an early driver. Too much basic stuff to do. Whether this one works depends on your skills. If you can do most of it and have time and place could work. Other wise , pass.

Last edited:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Sublime a year ago a bought a 69, Houston car not so far from you and the coastline spent most of its life there and the last 20 here in east Texas. Everyone here has given you great information on the car. My back glass was out and is requiring alot of metal replacement. Just make sure of what your buying take the extra step and put a couple jacks under the front and look at the drivers frame rail specifically at or near the front tire area. It all can be repaired. I just wished i had crawled under the front and back before I paid for it, especially with the owner stating it was not rusty. It probably was not when he parked in twenty years prior.

SublimeRunner

Reaction score
From looking at the posted pictures and needed exterior work and parts I would have to say you will have all most double on what you figured on paint and body work.

I have my doubt that engine has been run not to long ago from what the seller says and the way it looks in your pictures.

Just my .02 on the above after restoring 6 Mopars.

I appreciate all your input... May be pushing me back to a Fox Body lol

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Sublime a year ago a bought a 69, Houston car not so far from you and the coastline spent most of its life there and the last 20 here in east Texas. Everyone here has given you great information on the car. My back glass was out and is requiring alot of metal replacement. Just make sure of what your buying take the extra step and put a couple jacks under the front and look at the drivers frame rail specifically at or near the front tire area. It all can be repaired. I just wished i had crawled under the front and back before I paid for it, especially with the owner stating it was not rusty. It probably was not when he parked in twenty years prior.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"I appreciate all your input... May be pushing me back to a Fox Body lol"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

moparchris

Reaction score
I would say a 69 4 speed Runner is worth 5k all day long as long as it has its tags. This car is interesting as it looks like its in a very humid climate. Here on the west coast (near the ocean) the cars rust from the top down. This car is pretty crusty but I bet it hasn't seen salted roads. So the inner structures and under body will be really solid with some surface rust (humidity again). Out here the rear windows are always rusty which leads to holes and then the trunk floor and quarters are next to rust out from the water running down through the holes. Being that this car is fairly complete I would say if that you bought this one for under $7500 you are doing well. You will have a ton into it when your done but it will be done right and not everyone wants to buy a done car nor do they have that kind of coin to begin with. I would make double sure that the numbers are present on the radiator support (left side of the radiator top) and the trunk rail (again left side about mid way). There are a lot of bogus cars out there. Good luck! P.S. I would buy that for 5K all day.

Back