• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Pile-O-Plymouth worth anything?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
All the sheet metal needs replaced which leads me to believe the frame rails are probably pretty thin. I see a good 4spd hump maybe s steering column and diff? Finish striping it and crush it. :yesnod: On second thought, I hear GTXs are much more desirable than runners :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
main problem...no title. if you can get past that great. if not...parts car. that being said, here's my last car. I traded a buddy a 383/727 for it. It had new 1/4 skins on the body. T7 383 4 speed car. What wasn't missing, was junk.
missing: radiator,engine,trans,bell, all four speed stuff (had the pedals though) drive shaft,rear bumper,gas tank,gasline,,windshield,front and rear window trim,headliner,carpet,heater,nuts,bolts,screws,motor mounts,exhaust.
needed replaced:front bumper,grill and headlight bezels,hood,both fenders,doors,trunklid,floors,trunkpan,seats were shreaded,door panels,dash pads,wiring,steering wheel,door handles, right inner fender, and some other stuff I've probably forgotten.
I had some B Body parts from parting car over the years. I had a '68 Charger I sold and kept the 440 4 speed and related parts. I found a sweet deal in MCG for a front bumper and both fenders,did some parts trading for rust free southern doors, scrounged The Nats for a few years for parts, stumbled on a western trunk lid for $75. Ebay got me a beautiful pair of tail lights and bezels from alaska cheap. In five years, I went from this...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
to this. a running driving car that I had a blast with. found a killer deal on these Cragars and tires on moparts. lost it to a fire in '07. now with all the AMD panels, the sheetmetal is easy. so I'd say that GTX is a decent project, but unless you have deep pockets, it will be a few years. I'd probably grab it for the Cragars myself.. :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
to this. a running driving car that I had a blast with. found a killer deal on these Cragars and tires on moparts. lost it to a fire in '07. now with all the AMD panels, the sheetmetal is easy. so I'd say that GTX is a decent project, but unless you have deep pockets, it will be a few years. I'd probably grab it for the Cragars myself.. :D
$1600 for rusty Cragars :loco: Put on your glasses Dave and look closer :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah yeah I know..... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Looks really rough to me, but I suppose anything could be restored if you have the time and/or money. :cents:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That would be a lot of work, and a lot of money that's for sure. :crazy: Buy I'll bet Harold will say it's a piece of cake compared to what he's doing!

railrider

Reaction score
The guy told me he had a $1200 offer and turned it down, lol. Maybe somebody will take it, but I would rather spend double and get a few parts on the car. I am already chacing misisng parts for my Road Runner so don't need another. Just saw it and thought I would see what the experts though. This would be good Drag Car material at this point!

There is another one on with a very rusty rear half for aboput $4000+

moparchris

Reaction score
I think if I was in the market for one I would attempt it. I have seen worse (dont ask) and I have seen better. I enjoy the metal work so I guess its what ever your willing to do. I have seen so many rusty cars with good frame rails. It depends on if the car was salt driven back east or has rusted from the top down near the beach in California. The top down cars usually have good frames. Neat car worth fixing. :cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I enjoy the metal workquote]

hmmmmmm.......I've got a couple 1/4 skins and some bed panels waiting for you..... :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Basketcase said:
moparchris said:
I enjoy the metal workquote]

hmmmmmm.......I've got a couple 1/4 skins and some bed panels waiting for you..... :D

Your geographically challenged there Dave!

I'd say you just stop at Dave's place for a few days on your way to Carlisle. Logistics. My specialty... :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
Dave you could have Ray try to transport your runner to me via carry on luggage next time he stops by. just hide it in his luggage. :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's a great idea...but how'd I get it back? :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
aparently you've bever seen my 1/4s up close...not much of a problem..... and this would give Ray a chance to put my repo A12 hood on...... :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
aparently you've bever seen my 1/4s up close...not much of a problem..... and this would give Ray a chance to put my repo A12 hood on...... :jester:

APB issued for that baby...I think the Canada Post is trying to hose us, Dave... :basketcase:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

APB issued for that baby...I think the Canada Post is trying to hose us, Dave... :basketcase:
Maybe it's because I saw on another forum that the Canadian Post was going on strike!

Back