• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in roadrunner ownership

sam z

Reaction score
The week in review:
1. Put new tires on the back. I was running a set of used 255/60/15 bfg's for around 5 years. Really dumb. They had slight dry rot on the outer side (visible) and I kept ignoring it, knowing that I could loose the car. I've been holding out because I wanted new rims and tires and I didn't want to sink the money. I caved because new wheels really aren't a priority and I like my slot mags. Well, when the old ones came off Friday the RWL side that was hidden was really bad. I'm not going to post a pic but keeping those old tires on was just flat out stupid. I got lucky because the dry rot I couldn't see was terrible.

2. My dimmer / thumb wheel finally took a dump the other night. It was finicky for the last few years but I could always manipulate it to work. Not anymore. Is this an easy fix or does it suck? Let me know if you have experience.

3. Mac has encouraged me a few times to go get a different voltage regulator. Wells part #VR706 I think? I went and got it. I have the mopar performance blue one right now. It appears to be wired differently and I have yet to tackle it.

4. My car now has rear seat belts so my kids can go for a ride. It only took 7 years.

5. Waxed the car last night with Meguiars cleaner wax. It came out really nicely. Plus, I had to escape the house because my wife and in-laws (a total of four females, no men) were in the house holding court and there was no way I could sit and listen.

That's ownership news for one week.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
#2 dimmer... unscrew the panel and carefully pry the panel out of the pad. I fold a rag up and put it between the pad and screw driver when prying so the pad doesn't try and crack. Unplug and unscrew and replace.

Ranger

Reaction score
When I got mine I pulled the dimmer switch because it was not working. I found the spring disintegrated. Got a spring the same size and soldered it in place. Dash light all work, but I still have no dimming (or maybe it's brightening) capability. Seems to me it should be brighter. I'd be happier if it where stuck on bright. I have yet to look into it further.

I to was advised to use a Wells VR706 regulator when my factory regulator was allowing an over charge. I took the advice and have been happy with it. It is was plug n play in my case (from factory).

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for a dimmer switch for my car all the new/repop ones come from china and I passed on them and had mine rebuilt from a mopar guy out in California and he gives a life time guarantee either your life or his. :yesnod:

Less then aweeks turn around on the rebuilt all new guts into the switch.

Ranger

Reaction score
I'm pretty stubborn and hate to be defeated so I may give it another shot to try and fix it myself, but in the event that I am unsuccessful, what does he charge and do you have any contact info?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty stubborn and hate to be defeated so I may give it another shot to try and fix it myself, but in the event that I am unsuccessful, what does he charge and do you have any contact info?

What Devin does is sell the ones that he rebuilds and if you have one you want to sell him he will give you credit towards the rebuilt one.

I bought mine 7/8 years ago and it was I believe 45.00 after the core cost and I bought direct from him but I see now he sells on ebay and price is up over 100.00.

If interested just look up 1969 Plymouth dimmer switch as I don't know how to put it up on this page.

He will rebuild your switch for 75.00 to.

Last edited:
Back